next song in different folder

I'm using only folder hierarchy. Entering a folder and start play. Songs plays. Then when the next song in the folder should start it jumps to a another folder. I go back to the folder I wanted to listen and this time it doesn't jump anymore.

I can replicate this behavior every time. Kill app, open app, select folder, play and after the first song it jumps.

Nothing like shuffle is activated. Any clues?

Why can Poweramp just stay in the same folder as I left the app? Why is that not possible? I don't even think it's a bug. It's just something nobody cares since nobody uses folder hierarchy.

Edited by Maprewop

I can't duplicate this issue, using the following steps:

• I made sure Shuffle was off and Repeat was set to Advance List.
  • I browsed down through the Folders Hierarchy category and picked a folder and a song to start, and tapped on the song name.

The result every time is that the chosen song starts playing as expected, then when the song is finished the next song from the same folder is played. And so on until the end of the current folder at which point playback moves on to the next folder in order. Same result if I commence playback using the Play icon at the top of the folder songs list.

I wonder if you have some other setting enabled that I'm not using? What does the metadata line at the bottom of the player screen show if you tap it several times to display the 'Next Song' indicator? 

Andre

QUEUE - 55/79, Music/Soul

Not sure what you mean. It jumps one time, and then not anymore until the app gets killed. It seems that it every time jumps to folder Soul.

When I then go back to my folder, in metadata folder it says  folder hierarchy. After restart the app it switches to queue. How to stop that? No queue desired.

Edited by Maprewop

2 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

You have unplayed songs in the Queue. Clear the Queue and you'll be fine

Andre

Thanks. Just did it. At some point I added a folder accidentally to queue. Wasn't aware of that.