Poweramp Equalizer builds 937-938

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.equalizer

Builds 937-938:

• Advanced Player Tracking now detect apps that do not advertise themselves as media player ("non-players")
    This increases number of supported players in Advanced Player Tracking mode (such as LibreTube). Depending on phone firmware, some players still won't be equalized:
    • apps which use FastTrack/Direct/Offload output
    • apps which use any other non-standard output
  • Advanced Player Tracking settings page show list of recent "non-player" apps, such apps should be enabled manually in this list
  • Advanced Player Tracking improvement to support multiprocess apps (such as Bilibili, Firefox)
    Android 11+
  • per-device assignments for settings/data export/import

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

@Lara I will check that but you may want to report to Spotify. Multiple reports like this and they will fix it quite fast - as they did for previous issues.

Can't reproduce it with Equalizer build-938 and Spotify ver 8.7.18.1138 on default settings in both apps. Unfortunately "recent", "last", etc. terms for apps like Spotify (and apps in general) says little as app versioning may be different for different regions, as well apps often do A-B testing enabling/cganging some functionality in some regions.

@maxmp I am using Spotify Mod v8.7.30.1221 by xC3FFF0E & Sherlock. It happens when i go to background. I have disabled every possible battery optimization and network optimization still happening for both apps.

@Lara please report the issue to the mod maker, as there is no issue with the original Spotify. The background optimizations won't affect Equalization so much during the track playback, it may affect it if new player is started or new track in player which changes audio sessions all the time (not Spotify) as audio processing is done by system process. Anyway see details about background optimization for your phone at https://dontkillmyapp.com (some brands have multiple places where background optimization is enabled/disabled).

I finally decided to install this and check it out, I purchased this full app to help support your work.

Using Poweramp Equalizer 932

I tried it with basically every audio capable app I had installed, here is some feedback:

Spotify 8.7.34.1317

This was the only app I got it to work with, but one strange thing I noticed: it doesn't work for Joe Rogan's JRE Podcast. It works during the advertisements, but as soon as Spotify goes back to the main podcast stream, the Poweramp Equalizer spectrum goes blank and the settings have no affect on the audio.

I tried it with a couple other podcasts such as Kevin Smith's Smodcast, and that seemed to work normally.

I also tried the Poweramp Equalizer with these apps - but none of them seemed to work or show up in the "Known Players" list.

MX Player Pro 1.42.13

Neutron Music Player 2.20.2

Poweramp 939 (I enabled MusicFX and disabled DVC)

Smart AudioBook Player 8.2.1

USB Audio Player 6.0.7.4

ZXTune b5015 (thin)

I also tried playing YouTube videos with the Brave Browser (1.39.115), I'll experiment with the Dump Permission settings later.

Edited by djdarko

@djdarko thanks for the testing. By default Equalizer works with apps which explicitly support equalization by broadcasting their audio session id. Many players do that, but some apps, or some version of some apps may not do this properly (but usually this is quickly fixed, as for Spotify previously or Apple Music), or apps can do this incorrectly, e.g. by sending the new audio session id for each track, causing some minor artifacts.

Poweramp can be equalized, but it requires Music FX activation (in Settings and MusicFX button should be enabled on the 2nd Poweramp equalizer tab). This is not obvious as double equalization  in Poweramp + Equalizer + DVC won't work properly and this mode is only for users who understand that and can configure appropriately.

Any non-Android audio outputs (exclusive mode USB DACs, remote Chromecast, etc.) won't be equalized, as audio data is not exposed anywhere. Non-mixed audio outputs (Direct Output/Fast Output/Offload outputs) may be or may not be equalized depending on ROM settings. Usually Direct Output/Fast Output is not equalized.

As for apps not aware of Android Audio Session API or not using this specifically (e.g. YouTube, TIDAL, video players), Poweramp Equalizer has Advanced Player Tracking mode which allows support for this (by reading audio session ids from Android DUMP info). This requires additional permissions.

1 minute ago, maxmp said:

@djdarko Poweramp can be equalized, but it requires Music FX activation (in Settings and MusicFX button should be enabled on the 2nd Poweramp equalizer tab). This is not obvious as double equalization  in Poweramp + Equalizer + DVC won't work properly and this mode is only for users who understand that and can configure appropriately.

OK, thanks I got that working, I overlooked the Music FX button in the Volume tab. I was just curious too see it all enabled. I'll try the experimental Dump options to see if any of those other apps will work.

• 4 weeks later...

I managed to get everything I wanted to work using Advanced Player Tracking on my new phone - does using this feature require Android 11?

Screenshot_20220625-150247.thumb.png.fb7ceb63edaec74d33ecfaf55ca1e3a9.png

Would it be possible to add a reverse stereo option though? It could be useful when sitting away from the speakers etc.

8 hours ago, djdarko said:

I managed to get everything I wanted to work using Advanced Player Tracking on my new phone - does using this feature require Android 11?

No, it should work on any supported Android versions, as long as you have sent the required external ADB command to the device.

Andre

10 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

No, it should work on any supported Android versions, as long as you have sent the required external ADB command to the device.

Andre

Thanks Andre. I used an app called LADB to avoid plugging my phone into the computer (i.e. to avoid getting off the couch). I think the LADB app itself required Android 11. I'll have to use one of the PC methods and see if I can get everything working on my older devices.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Is there any instruction on how to use Poweramp to tune a headphone? I just bought a bluetooth earphone and use its app to tune the earphone at different frenquency. I saved the setting to the tone of Poweramp and it works great because my ears have been aged for high frequency. I would like to know if there is a standard process in Poweramp to tone my wired headphone.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I have some questions about the Poweramp eq app:

Does that "i" button that lists available players (in my case spotify and dvc-eq param) matter what it shows? Does dvc-eq mean regular phone speakers or something? Does that set anything?

The equ, limit and save button are all grey meaning turned on. What does limit and save do? What about the preset button?

How do you set eq just for your bluetooth earbuds and not phone speakers?

Does the volume knob work? Sometimes I'll set it to something and then when I reconnect it will go to a close but different number. Should I try to get the samsung app that adds more volume options?

Sorry people, I made a definitely impulsive quick post with stuff I figured out on the go. I can't delete my previous message for some reason. One thing I haven't figured out yet, is it possible to create two presets for the same headphone and just toggle between them to switch?

18 hours ago, Shaun Gagnier said:

One thing I haven't figured out yet, is it possible to create two presets for the same headphone and just toggle between them to switch?

You can save as many Preset configurations as you like, and choose from them by pressing the 'Preset' button in the main EQ screen and pick from the list.

Andre

• 1 month later...

Any chance to add a new icon to the list?

right now in "Poweramp Equalizer" the icon that is just "black and white" has the old layout (equalizer with square corners)

I would love to have the icon with the new "round corners" layout (whitout any color on the borders)

this is like it looks today:

8NBqVLj.jpg

thanks for your work

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...