Poweramp Equalizer builds 937-938

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.equalizer

Builds 937-938:

• Advanced Player Tracking now detect apps that do not advertise themselves as media player ("non-players")
    This increases number of supported players in Advanced Player Tracking mode (such as LibreTube). Depending on phone firmware, some players still won't be equalized:
    • apps which use FastTrack/Direct/Offload output
    • apps which use any other non-standard output
  • Advanced Player Tracking settings page show list of recent "non-player" apps, such apps should be enabled manually in this list
  • Advanced Player Tracking improvement to support multiprocess apps (such as Bilibili, Firefox)
    Android 11+
  • per-device assignments for settings/data export/import

• maxmp changed the title to Poweramp Equalizer builds 937-938
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

@Lara I will check that but you may want to report to Spotify. Multiple reports like this and they will fix it quite fast - as they did for previous issues.

Can't reproduce it with Equalizer build-938 and Spotify ver 8.7.18.1138 on default settings in both apps. Unfortunately "recent", "last", etc. terms for apps like Spotify (and apps in general) says little as app versioning may be different for different regions, as well apps often do A-B testing enabling/cganging some functionality in some regions.

@maxmp I am using Spotify Mod v8.7.30.1221 by xC3FFF0E & Sherlock. It happens when i go to background. I have disabled every possible battery optimization and network optimization still happening for both apps.

@Lara please report the issue to the mod maker, as there is no issue with the original Spotify. The background optimizations won't affect Equalization so much during the track playback, it may affect it if new player is started or new track in player which changes audio sessions all the time (not Spotify) as audio processing is done by system process. Anyway see details about background optimization for your phone at https://dontkillmyapp.com (some brands have multiple places where background optimization is enabled/disabled).

Posted (edited)

I finally decided to install this and check it out, I purchased this full app to help support your work.

Using Poweramp Equalizer 932

I tried it with basically every audio capable app I had installed, here is some feedback:

Spotify 8.7.34.1317

This was the only app I got it to work with, but one strange thing I noticed: it doesn't work for Joe Rogan's JRE Podcast. It works during the advertisements, but as soon as Spotify goes back to the main podcast stream, the Poweramp Equalizer spectrum goes blank and the settings have no affect on the audio.

I tried it with a couple other podcasts such as Kevin Smith's Smodcast, and that seemed to work normally.

I also tried the Poweramp Equalizer with these apps - but none of them seemed to work or show up in the "Known Players" list.

MX Player Pro 1.42.13

Neutron Music Player 2.20.2

Poweramp 939 (I enabled MusicFX and disabled DVC)

Smart AudioBook Player 8.2.1

USB Audio Player 6.0.7.4

ZXTune b5015 (thin)

I also tried playing YouTube videos with the Brave Browser (1.39.115), I'll experiment with the Dump Permission settings later.

Edited by djdarko

@djdarko thanks for the testing. By default Equalizer works with apps which explicitly support equalization by broadcasting their audio session id. Many players do that, but some apps, or some version of some apps may not do this properly (but usually this is quickly fixed, as for Spotify previously or Apple Music), or apps can do this incorrectly, e.g. by sending the new audio session id for each track, causing some minor artifacts.

Poweramp can be equalized, but it requires Music FX activation (in Settings and MusicFX button should be enabled on the 2nd Poweramp equalizer tab). This is not obvious as double equalization  in Poweramp + Equalizer + DVC won't work properly and this mode is only for users who understand that and can configure appropriately.

Any non-Android audio outputs (exclusive mode USB DACs, remote Chromecast, etc.) won't be equalized, as audio data is not exposed anywhere. Non-mixed audio outputs (Direct Output/Fast Output/Offload outputs) may be or may not be equalized depending on ROM settings. Usually Direct Output/Fast Output is not equalized.

As for apps not aware of Android Audio Session API or not using this specifically (e.g. YouTube, TIDAL, video players), Poweramp Equalizer has Advanced Player Tracking mode which allows support for this (by reading audio session ids from Android DUMP info). This requires additional permissions.

1 minute ago, maxmp said:

@djdarko Poweramp can be equalized, but it requires Music FX activation (in Settings and MusicFX button should be enabled on the 2nd Poweramp equalizer tab). This is not obvious as double equalization  in Poweramp + Equalizer + DVC won't work properly and this mode is only for users who understand that and can configure appropriately.

OK, thanks I got that working, I overlooked the Music FX button in the Volume tab. I was just curious too see it all enabled. I'll try the experimental Dump options to see if any of those other apps will work.

• 4 weeks later...

I managed to get everything I wanted to work using Advanced Player Tracking on my new phone - does using this feature require Android 11?

Screenshot_20220625-150247.thumb.png.fb7ceb63edaec74d33ecfaf55ca1e3a9.png

Would it be possible to add a reverse stereo option though? It could be useful when sitting away from the speakers etc.

8 hours ago, djdarko said:

I managed to get everything I wanted to work using Advanced Player Tracking on my new phone - does using this feature require Android 11?

No, it should work on any supported Android versions, as long as you have sent the required external ADB command to the device.

Andre

10 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

No, it should work on any supported Android versions, as long as you have sent the required external ADB command to the device.

Andre

Thanks Andre. I used an app called LADB to avoid plugging my phone into the computer (i.e. to avoid getting off the couch). I think the LADB app itself required Android 11. I'll have to use one of the PC methods and see if I can get everything working on my older devices.

Hello guys, I'm sorry, but can this eq work with wavelet eq together? When I'm installed wavelet eq during playing Spotify.. Poweramp eq active n sound together with the wavelet eq. But then I'm give DUMP permission for wavelet eq, and resume playback but Poweramp eq effect stop working. Sorry for my bad English and hope somebody can help me. Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, amazing work on the app, does everything I want it to (parametric EQ with Tidal)!

Are there any plans to make it purchasable through the website like Poweramp? I don't have Google services on my phone and when the 30 days are up, parametric EQ will be disabled if I'm not mistaken.

@maxmp Thank you for the quick reply! Just for clarification: I only see a Poweramp license available for purchase via website (from here: https://powerampapp.com/buy-Poweramp/), not a Poweramp Equalizer license. Is the EQ app compatible with the Poweramp (V3) license or am I missing something?

Bonus question: How many re-activations are included in one license? I clean-flash my phone about once a year due to new major Android releases.

With the EQ app, you always purchase the licence from within the app. If you have downloaded the app from the Play Store, their terms and conditions require any subsequent purchase to be done via their own payment systems (so Google gets a cut of the money). If you have downloaded the APK file from the website here, the in-app payment option will work directly via our website so Google services are not required. 

Flashing your phone once a year will not cause any re-licence issues, you'd have to be re-installing daily or weekly for it to become a problem.

Andre 

@andrewilley Thank you for that last piece of the puzzle I was missing, I just bought the license from within the app 🤗

You and @maxmp are doing an amazing job (I know you Andre are not a dev, but I skimmed the forum quite a while before registering and stumbled upon a lot of helpful answers from you). In your line of work, people with problems will always be more visible and seemingly in the majority, which I can imagine must be frustrating at times, but this is of course not true. So as one of the thousands (millions?) of people who love what you do: THANK YOU 😊

Hi, Is there any instruction on how to use Poweramp to tune a headphone? I just bought a bluetooth earphone and use its app to tune the earphone at different frenquency. I saved the setting to the tone of Poweramp and it works great because my ears have been aged for high frequency. I would like to know if there is a standard process in Poweramp to tone my wired headphone.