Go to solution Solved by andrewilley,

Hi... Is there a user's manual for Poweramp! I suggested the application to a colleague. He started asking me about a lot of sound and industry jargon. I realized at that moment I don't truly understand all of the features Poweramp offers. And I've been using it for years! Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

-Martin-

There is a FAQs list at the top of the forums list here, and you can also use in-app Help on most screens (Hamburger icon > Help) but there is no manual per se - rather like most phone apps to be honest.

Is there something particular you are looking for? (@andrewilley) 

Bencherished 

No, there isn't a full manual (beyond the things mentioned above). I thought about trying to write one a while back, but it would be constantly chasing a moving target - in all sorts of terms, such as new PA features, updated Android versions, and external devices. I have written several fairly detailed FAQ entries on subjects that commonly cause confusion amongst new users, but the more technical audio matters are generally better to work through the Audio menus item by item.

Specific questions can be asked here of course.

Andre

Ok... I can appreciate that from both of you! I don't fully understand terms like Sound Dampening, Pre-Delay, Dither, etc. I understand there's information on the internet. But thought I'd ask here beforehand.

*I'd specifically appreciate if I could EQ my older tracks to match volume, bass, dynamics, etc of the newer releases.  When I apply the eq it affects my entire library.

I use the Poweramp primarily for entertainment and party mixes. It's a game changer!  

Thanks! I love the app!

-Martin-

On 5/4/2022 at 5:18 PM, Martin Anthony said:

*I'd specifically appreciate if I could EQ my older tracks to match volume, bass, dynamics, etc of the newer releases.  When I apply the eq it affects my entire library.

You can save dedicated  EQ settings for one specific song - or album, folder, etc.

While you are playing the song in question, adjust the EQ values to taste and then tap on the Save button at the bottom of the EQ screen. Enter a name for the preset (all presets need a name so you can identify them later) and then scroll down to the bottom of the list of devices/etc and tick "Song: <song title>", then tap 'Add'.

Andre

Okay... I set up a preset for an older track, named it, then add/saved it.

So my issue is when the next track plays, the previously set preset applies to the that next track. Therefore I lose the dynamic of EQing the older track to make it sound enhanced. 

Is there way to have all songs that are not enhanced play at a flat setting? I'd like to hear my older tracks enhanced to meet modern day sound quality)?

Thanks,

-Martin-

• Solution

Once you've created your new preset and saved it, move on to a new song and set the EQ to a different Preset (e.g. 'Flat'). That should clear the current adjustments you made. Then your newly saved curve should only be activated when that one specific track is playing.

Or you could save a specific new Preset assigned for the particular output device you are using (e.g. Wired Headset) if you wish.

Andre