Additional list item click action

To avoid accidentally interrupting playback while browsing through your library I would appreciate an additional option for list item click action. If choosing this option clicking on an item in the list wouldn't start playing the appropriate track but stay in the list.

In this state only the header buttons Play and Shuffle on top of the list and the play button in the player UI would start playback.

Additionally one could think about adding a play button in the popup menu when long-pressing on a track.

Regards

This is such a fundamental function of the app since day one (the 'Play' and 'Shuffle' icons are new) that if you find it hard to scroll through a screenful without accidentally clicking, how do you manage to use your phone at all? Don't you find apps accidentally starting from your home pages for example?

Andre

I hope I don't get punished when I say some request are suspicious. If you don't want a track to play when clicked on the list, how do you want to get it to play? Long press? Nah. 

If you accidentally pressed a song, just intentionally press the right song or pause. What are you looking for in your song list if you don't wish to click any song?

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

This is such a fundamental function of the app since day one (the 'Play' and 'Shuffle' icons are new) [...]

I don't see why this could be an argument. I'm not requesting the additional list item click action to be the new default behaviour. As there already exist three different options for list item click action in settings, why not add one more? If you don't have a problem with accidentally interrupting playback you won't be forced to use this option.

Perhaps there are users out there, who prefer less responsive lists. For example I remember someone's feature request to optionally disable the swipe left/right gestures in the player UI to make this screen less responsive.

Regards