Button unmounted SD-card, how to re-mount?

Kloppstock

I have checked previous storange unmounted threads and i cant relate the solutions or problem formulation to my unique problem as usual 

I was about to export some playlists to my SD-card asd backup and when i was about to select "target folder" where there was an un-nessesary!!!!!!!!!!!!! button near it that i accidentally hit

that unmounted my SD-card instead and i get failed to play storage unmounted 

I dont dare to click "full rescan" cause im not going to risk to loose my none yet exported playlist

PA lacks a clear settings that re mount a SD-card for instance, its not available in library/"music folder" to select SD-card anymore

Why? Only my phone and downloads is left to choose from in file library 

Poweramp obviously have a function that have disabled my SD card from my entire phone, i cant browse my SD-card in my computer any longer after

this wrong PA klick, how is that even possible? how do i get my phone to recognize my SD card again through PA

Edited by Kloppstock

PA does not affect any other storage access for the device, it can't control access beyond its own permissions. The X button merely revokes the user's previously requested permission for PA to access specific areas of device storage (e.g. SD Card).

To re-grant permission, use the Enable link which will have replaced the 'X' and choose the location you wish to access.

Note: on recent Android releases, using Android's Storage Access Framework, you can't now grant access to root levels of storage or some system folders, you need to specify a direct folder instead. File Access Legacy Mode (while it's still available) does support selecting root locations, but to be honest I'd just go with the recommended Android route these days to avoid any potential issues in the future.

Andre 

7 hours ago, andrewilley said:

PA does not affect any other storage access for the device, it can't control access beyond its own permissions. The X button merely revokes the user's previously requested permission for PA to access specific areas of device storage (e.g. SD Card).

To re-grant permission, use the Enable link which will have replaced the 'X' and choose the location you wish to access.

Note: on recent Android releases, using Android's Storage Access Framework, you can't now grant access to root levels of storage or some system folders, you need to specify a direct folder instead. File Access Legacy Mode (while it's still available) does support selecting root locations, but to be honest I'd just go with the recommended Android route these days to avoid any potential issues in the future.

Andre 

Thank you, i have checked with my Android in settings/storage and the SD card was unmounted and with a click i enabled it again

However, i must correct you, it is possible for PA......not to change other storage access maybe, but to unmount a SD-card during the intermediate moment while PA gives back the control to the phone while stil inside PA, and that opportunity to screw up did happen when PA shall target a phone folder,  and i must have clicked on this 6 square button to load out the SD-card? because it's not written what that button does and then you get sick of it and click :)

Screenshot_20220427-162238.thumb.png.4a7ad3b23b0a9133cf0b93ed43c53e21.png

Edited by Kloppstock

6 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Andre 

I never found the X in the first place, therefore i cant find its replacer "enable link" setting either

I got some attention disorder so you may wanna :) send me a screenshot

The 'six square button' icon as shown in your screenshot is Android's storage permissions screen - PA has no control over how it is displayed or what you do in it. The screen is a system function in which you are able to choose a storage location that you wish a requesting app to use. Android then allows the app access to that location, and returns control back to the calling app (Poweramp).

For the whole revoke / regrant access process step-by-step, please see:

Andre

21 hours ago, andrewilley said:

The 'six square button' icon as shown in your screenshot is Android's storage permissions screen - PA has no control over how it is displayed or what you do in it. The screen is a system function in which you are able to choose a storage location that you wish a requesting app to use. Android then allows the app access to that location, and returns control back to the calling app (Poweramp).

For the whole revoke / regrant access process step-by-step, please see:

Andre

Then it was some other button that i cant refind right now :) cause a song was playing and got interrupted with an unmounting message and i panicked, i guess we will never know

casue i can never succes repeat any issue