Volume Levels Not supported by Android 12

Big_Goomba

6 hours ago, Big_Goomba said:

The volume control is limited to 15 steps since updating my Samsung Galaxy S10 to Android 12.

Can this be fixed?

Yes, but by Google not PA. It's a side-effect of something else that they implemented at an OS level and we're waiting for them to provide some sort of work-around solution in a future Android update.  

Andre

2 hours ago, Bencherished said:

I am patiently waiting to get android 12 on my Samsung m51, and you are saying it will take away volume step control from Poweramp? 

Yes, it will. It's basically an over-reaction on Google's part to Sonos's recent patent infringement claims about synced volume adjustment methods:

1 hour ago, Mark Lee said:

Can I ask what this feature does, mines set at default which is 16 but can be changed to 30 etc, don't want to just try it in case I break something.

It provides a finer level of volume adjustment. So instead of the default 16 steps when you press the volume buttons to get from zero up to max , you can have 0-50 or 0-100 steps. This is especially useful if you listen at low levels where one step can be far too coarse.

Andre

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Yes, it will. It's basically an over-reaction on Google's part to Sonos's recent patent infringement claims about synced volume adjustment methods:

It provides a finer level of volume adjustment. So instead of the default 16 steps when you press the volume buttons to get from zero up to max , you can have 0-50 or 0-100 steps. This is especially useful if you listen at low levels where one step can be far too coarse.

Andre

Ah right, useful to know.

@Mark Lee currently Google do not recognize the issue (https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/201546605?pli=1). There is some rant from the developer community, so hopefully this may be resolved in the future, but current Android 12 firmwares only implement volume control for the remotely routed audio streams (meaning Chromecast, Bluetooth is not considered a remote routed stream).

Hi, I'm wondering if the 'CAST ENABLER' module for XPOSED can solve this, I know that only a very small percentage of people could solve it this way (if it works), but I would still like to try it.
Because it won't let me enable the option in Android 12 (or 12.1), I can't test it, is there any way to force the option to be enabled?

Sorry for bad english

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Miminepho said:

@Big_Goomba Sorry I'm a little late to this, but you can increase the number of volume steps system-wide using SoundAssistant which is provided by Samsung on the Galaxy Store.

I'm able to change the volume with more steps using the volume control (knob) in the Poweramp app which is fine for me. There are fewer steps when using the phones volume control (which is what I'm looking for). From what I can tell, the SoundAssistant app doesn't modify the behavior of the phones volume control.

• 10 months later...

@code for Android 13 it works partially - only while in Poweramp UI and this feature also has side effects (such as Android Auto issue), this is why it's not generally recommended for the recent Androids.

For Samsung devices, using Sound Assistant (free app from Samsung) Change step volume is recommended - this is supported by Poweramp (Volume levels in Poweramp Settings should be set to Default).