ryohei Posted March 14, 2022 Share Posted March 14, 2022 I have a m3u playlist which is generated with iTunes on macbook Air. When I copied it to my phone and oped it with Poweramp, some of music cannot be played. My environment Poweramp build number build-925-bundle-play [925004-e493ac43] Full Version 64 bit your device model Xiaomi Redmi note 9S your Android version 11 RKQ1.200826.002 your custom ROM name/version (if you're on custom ROM) - File hierarchy of my mac: ~/Music/Music/Media.localized/Music/[Artist]/[Album]/[music] File hierarchy of my phone: /storage/[SD Card NAME]/Music/[Artist]/[Album]/[music] All files and folders under Music are copied from my mac using SMBSync. So, all of them have exactly the same name with correspondent on my mac. m3u playlist is stored under Music folder. Artists, album folders and music files contain non-ASCII character. So does m3u file. Since m3u file is generated by iTunes, it contains full path of music on my mac. I paste a few lines to show example. #EXTM3U #EXTINF:342,オーケストラ - BiSH /Users/***/Music/Music/Media.localized/Music/BiSH/KiLLER BiSH/03 オーケストラ.m4a #EXTINF:238,紅蓮華 - LiSA /Users/***/Music/Music/Media.localized/Music/LiSA/紅蓮華/1-01 紅蓮華.m4a #EXTINF:235,釣った魚にエサやれ - MOSHIMO /Users/***/Music/Music/Media.localized/Music/MOSHIMO/TODOME/1-03 釣った魚にエサやれ.m4a <---First three music can be played without any troubles. #EXTINF:225,負けないで - ZARD /Users/***/Music/Music/Media.localized/Music/ZARD/負けないで/01-負けないで.m4a <---This music cannot be played. ︙ Text encoding is UTF-8. Problem After scanning my SD card, m3u playlist is shown on Poweramp. When I opened it and choose certain music, I get "Folder is missing or not readable" error. When I see the error, file path is shown under error massage, and it starts with "/Users/***/Music/Music/Media.localized/Music/". Cleary, this path is my mac's, and that's why Poweramp fails to play. However, according to this post, Poweramp resolves m3u playlist by last folder and file name only. So containing full path of my mac itself isn't problem. In fact, about 2/3 of music in a.m3u can be played without any troubles. I didn't have this problem before, so I suspect recent update caused this problem. What I've tried Full scan Re install Poweramp Change playlist name to a.m3u8 Edit a.m3u and change written path to music file in my phone Nothing above solved problem. Trouble only occurs on certain music, and nothing above changed music fail to play. However, last attempt changed error massage to "Failed to play file!". Thank you for reading. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.