Topic about difference of list header heights in artist & album artist pages, please make them uniform.

This is a proposal to unify the height of list headers among all kinds of lists.

As you can see in pictures,  the height of all list headers are similar EXCEPT artist and album artist pages, which have different heights from the rest, thus different placement of header buttons.  This makes app use especially tricky for this who rely on muscle memory and habit (and don't tend to look at the screen for small tasks).

Even in state of "compact list header", all pages get similar header heights, but artist page header height is still the odd one out.

sketch-1646911887761.thumb.jpg.115a316678912d77b3f38019941004d5.jpgsketch-1646944217883.thumb.jpg.d9db0b86fd6400e4a5cea3cd84cde816.jpg

Edited by Niloo T.

I can't understand why it's like this either. Artist header has only 1 line of text so why did it need to be 'taller'?

Also, Artist pictures are mostly an album art out of the albums under that artist. They don't need a different height of space!!

sketch-1646989564964.thumb.png.8e06c595d200922a057c2d11e12ed8be.png

Edited by Niloo T.

Artist photos are not necessarily random album art - in fact, ideally they should never be unless PA can't find anything better. Make sure you have Settings > Album Art > Download Artist Images enabled.

image.png

But even after fixing that, I do agree that it seems a bit strange to have Artist images assigned different amounts header space compared to other categories' artwork.

Andre

@andrewilley yes. i hope it gets unified and blends in with the rest of the UI.😇
The fact that its compact form is way shorter than others, also makes it stranger in hand.
Overall, having your finger reach a predictable spot every time for an action/button, is the best feel.  :)

Also Thank u for the tip/trick!! (it seems like most of my files don't get artist images because they are voice recordings. i found a few albums with a lot of serach to screenshot this)

Edited by Niloo T.