A question about downloading from a different device

gino_76ph

Hi there!

I recently downloaded the paid PlayerPro music player app from you via Android market. my current phone btw is a UK SIM-free HTC Desire S with the latest 2.3.5 software. but i plan to sell my phone for a Sony Ericcson Xperia Play.

may i ask:

1. will i still be able to download the paid app once i bought my Play (or any device for that matter) and sign-in to the Android Market?

2. will all features such as Dolby and SRS still be useful and available when i download the app? (even though the phone has no "built-in" Dolby or SRS features or capability?

Thanks.

Hi.

1. Paid market apps are purchased per google account. Thus you can reinstall PowerAMP full version on any device which has your google account in Accounts & Sync and also this account is selected in Market => menu => Accounts.

2. These are HTC specific effects, though you can get similar results by using PowerAMP's bass tone+stereoX combination. Both are more powerful on androids 2.3 due to the Direct Volume Control and thus, greater possible amplification.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

So, in short i won't be able to enjoy Dolby and/or SRS because the Xperia Play don't "support" or is not not compatible with them? is that correct?

As regards your Answer #2 is the bass tone+stereoX available in the full version? you said it provides better sound than that of Dolby?

Archived