Thumbnail size for 'Pick From Gallery' art work.

Ray Bilcliff

I had a Redmi Note 9 and when choosing album art 'Pick From Gallery' one touch and I would be directed straight to the gallery to choose, and the thumbnail size was large enough to see clearly. But I just got a Redmi Note 10 Pro and now when selecting 'Pick From Gallery' I have to make 5 touches to get to the gallery to choose and the thumbnail size is so tiny I can not see them to choose. Is there away to change this back to one touch and to make the thumbnails bigger. In the attachment image the thumbnails are a lot larger than they are on my screen. On my Redmi Note 9 they were 4x larger. Any ideas please. 

Pick From Gallery thunbnails size is tiny.png

Edited by Ray Bilcliff
Spelling check

That's not so much to do with Poweramp, that's the file explorer app on your phone. The term 'Pick from Gallery' really means 'Pick File from Device', as you can choose an image file from anywhere (Gallery or otherwise) and it depends on the features of your device's file chooser what the interface looks like. 

Andre

andrewilley Yes I could choose any file manager from a list on Poweramp with my Redmi Note 9. But Poweramp does not give me the choice with my Redmi Note 10. It just sends me to the one place. It does not ask me where I want to select my pictures from. So yes that would seem like it was my phone. But I now have Rocket Player installed on my Redmi Note 10 that does let me choose which file manager I want to use. 

I have Files by Google. Google Photos. File Manager. Cx File Manager. I got them all to see if I could get Poweramp to give me a choice. Rocket Player lists them all and asks me which I one want to use. Poweramp does not. I have changed to them all one by one in the default apps section. Still no choice.

I think that by downloading a new installation to my new Note 10, Poweramp has changed somehow. If it was my device then Rocket Player would perform the same way. I loved my Poweramp. Has there been an update recently? If so can I revert back to the previous version? And I thank you for your help here. 

First, you should backup all your current settings, playlists, data, artwork, etc. (Using PA Settings > Export).

Then try simply deleting app data (in Android settings) for your current PA installation, to clear it down to a clean install. I'm wondering if you may have initially chosen your default file explorer when you first ran the app and wanted to select artwork, and that choice stuck for future use. Then if it works and allows you to choose a different method, you can then restore your backed up data.

Or otherwise, fully uninstall and try an older version downloaded from the forum's Download tab. As long as it's greater than build 912, you can still restore all your options.

Andre