Edit Tags from Everything

Zorak

@Zorak Even though it's a nice feature to have when it comes to keeping your music library, I will suggest using a third party app for that job, and Poweramp focus on playing the music. 

What you are asking for will include so many programs, file editor, file browser, music identification through sound and text, lyrics and album art grabber, etc. 

Most of these programmes will hinder the smooth operation of the app, and they are not frequently used. 

I am not in for this request 

• 7 months later...
13 hours ago, andrewilley said:

@gorman As said above, there are applications out there that are far better for more complex batch tag editing tasks than a Music Player. I would also strongly suggest using a computer rather than a phone for processing large collections. 

Andre

Yeah, for reasons that are a bit complicated (it involves me using Subsonic to transcode music on the fly for smartphone use, while using a non-Subsonic player because, unfortunately, they all leave something/a lot to be desired), I need to do that directly on my smartphone. I'll have a look at Xander71's suggestion (thanks!).

Edit: tried the app Xander71 suggested. It's only automated tagging. It would mean having my tags changed in an automated way. That surely is not what I want. Thanks anyway.

Edited by gorman

@gorman You can do manual editing in the songs tab for each song, or edit whole albums, add album covers for the whole album (if they have the album tag, so the app knows there's 13 songs in the album, for example) or do manual editing for each individual song in the folders tab and yes, you can do full auto mode as well. I personally use to edit whole albums in one go. I know it's a bit fiddly but I personally love it. It makes tagging a lot easier for me.

Try AutoTagger, batch tag editing on your phone with the option of searching & autofill if you want it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.serg.chuprin.tageditor

Personally I still prefer managing my music collection with the master files on my computer (on NAS storage actually) but I can see why that may not be ideal for you.

Andre

I'm basically never using a pc for any of my music stuff, I keep my backups on multiple external ssd's which I can plug in straight to my phone to do it so, and my whole music collection is on the phone. It makes sense because I carry it with me erywhere, right. Even for doing replaygain tagging I use foobar2000 android version, it can do the exact same thing as the windows version, except it's a lot faster because my pc is, well... like 15 years old. Not really a work horse, i just watch youtube, movies and stuff on it. So I do everything I can straight on the phone.

At last count my Music folder on my PC was about 350GB, with 50k files or more, so managing it all on a phone wasn't really a great option for me. But I do see why that's the way you want to handle your collection. But I think you need to be looking elsewhere for a fully-featured batch editing system, that's not really what Poweramp is intended to do.

Andre

@andrewilley I'm good, I'm on the same opinion as you are, there's specific apps out there for tag editing purposes. That's a nice collection you got there, andre. I did a serious overkill recently by buying a 1tb micro sd card for my collection. My whole music collection barely hits the 210gb mark, but I do collect music videos as well. All my data hits a whopping 570gb occupied space, leaving 160gb to spare. I just did a calculation, if I would want to fill that whole space with just music, let's say with an average of 470mb / album, I could store ~2000 cd albums, all ripped in 16/44.1 flac. Back in the day when 3.5" floppy disks was a thing, 30 years later now you can put 2000 CD's in your pocket. Isn't that amazing? 🙂the-universe-tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif.24fe1f67ae8202e3c89d75a5935754a4.gif