selecting a song in "search" adds many songs to "temporary queue" and this slows down a lot

Juan Rincon

Hello, I have been using poweram for 2 years on a fiio m7, it works wonderfully and I am surprised how well it is remembering that the m7 does not have great resources. and thanks to Poweramp this device can be said to be very functional. but I only have one problem when I do a search and select a song and it starts to play, a list is made with all the songs that my device has (33000) and this starts to generate a lot of slowness, is there something I can configure so that this does not happen? For example, when you select a melody from the search, only related melodies are added to the search, not all the songs. thanks and regards.

If you search for a word or phrase, and then tap on one song title from the 'All Songs' results list, that song should immediately start playing in All Songs mode.

Nothing should be added to the Queue at all for a single song, as that is only used when selecting multiple items.

Once the currently chosen song finishes, PA will continue with the next song in order from the 'All Songs' Category - assuming you don't have shuffle enabled of course. It won't continue with any other search results, unless you selected multiple results in the first place, which would be handled by the Queue.

If you chose your searched song from the Albums or Folders results lists, playback will commence in that mode so subsequent Songs will follow on from the same Category (Album/Folder/etc).

Andre

@Bencherished hi, I did the same, but I don't have the best experience searching for music, I think there should be a function in which only the song selected in the search is played or otherwise it plays the search results sequentially, that seems more logical to me. but... when selecting a song from a search result it adds all the songs available on my device to play next and handling that starts to wreak havoc on my device, I make the comment that the fiio m7 runs perfectly The application is much better than the native fiio application, but this detail is the only thing and really the only thing that the device struggles to handle with Poweramp.

3 hours ago, Bencherished said:

I changed a setting in Library - Search - Search Track Title Only. (disable) 

'Search Track Titles Only' should only relate to how the initial search is performed - i.e. for the Songs list it will only look for the string within song titles, not showing matches in other tags too. Other tags are still used for the results for Albums, Composers, etc of course. It should not make any difference to playback when you choose from the results list though.

1 hour ago, Juan Rincon said:

I think there should be a function in which only the song selected in the search is played or otherwise it plays the search results sequentially, that seems more logical to me. but... when selecting a song from a search result it adds all the songs available on my device to play next and handling that starts to wreak havoc on my device.

If you tap the Play icon at the top of the search results, the entire matching results list (i.e. the Songs section of the Search Results) will be added to the Queue and those songs will be played in that order. The Shuffle button will add the same songs to the Queue but randomly. Similarly you can multi-select songs (or albums, etc) using long-press to show the tickboxes, and then add them to the Queue. In all cases, the whole Queue will then be played before PA returns to its regular playback wherever you originally left off.

However if you simply tap one song name, or an album name, folder, etc. then regular playback will recommence at that item; no temporary Queue will be created. The playback category will be assigned based on what item you tapped on (e.g. Albums mode, Folders, All Songs). If you only want to hear one song, tap the Repeat icon and select Single Song. Or for one whole Album (generically referred to as a 'Category'), select Repeat Off.

Why does starting playback in All Songs mode "wreak havoc" on your device? Poweramp has many playback modes - one of which is All Songs - but all of them simply rearrange the whole library in the requested sorting order, everything in your library will be played if you leave it to continue. The only exceptions are some of the reduced categories such as Most Played, Top Rated, or a Playlist, which only include a chosen portion of the library. 

Andre