Poweramp Equalizer builds 927-932

maxmp

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.equalizer

Builds 927-932:

• Target SDK bump to 31 (Android 12) due to the Play store requirement
    • Bluetooth functionality on Android 12 requires a new permission
      Note that Android 12 names Bluetooth permission as "Nearby devices". Poweramp Equalizer doesn't use any location info. Bluetooth permission is used to apply Bluetooth assigned presets and properly setup the equalization
    • notification is disabled by default on Android 12. To enable notification and avoid Equalizer unloading exclude Poweramp Equalizer from battery optimization
  • new Material You colors option
    Android 12+ only
  • added Material You styled app icons (Pixel and inverted Samsung variants)
    Android 12+
    Pixel launcher refreshes icon color (if changed) only after reboot
  • improved DVC support for Samsung @ Android 12
  • various other small improvements for Android 12
  • long press Equalizer icon to change icon
  • long press on Settings in the main menu opens Settings Search
  • new options to change Bass and Treble tone frequency and Q
  • max preamp increased to +12dB
  • max parametric Q factor increased to 12
  • better Bluetooth-to-Bluetooth audio route change handling
  • Absolute Volume detection improvements
  • new Export/Import Settings/Data
  • cold start improvements
  • translations updates, added Arabic, Persian, Ukrainian. Huge thanks to our Crowdin translators
  • bug fixes and stability improvements

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.equalizer

Build 927:

• Target SDK bump to 31 (Android 12) due to the Play store requirement
    • Bluetooth functionality on Android 12 requires a new permission
      Note that Android 12 names Bluetooth permission as "Nearby devices". Poweramp Equalizer doesn't use any location info. Bluetooth permission is used to apply Bluetooth assigned presets and properly setup the equalization
    • notification is disabled by default on Android 12. To enable notification and avoid Equalizer unloading exclude Poweramp Equalizer from battery optimization
  • new Material You colors option
    Android 12+ only
  • added Material You styled app icons (Pixel and inverted Samsung variants)
    Android 12+
    Pixel launcher refreshes icon color (if changed) only after reboot
  • improved DVC support for Samsung @ Android 12
  • various other small improvements for Android 12
  • long press Equalizer icon to change icon
  • long press on Settings in the main menu opens Settings Search
  • new options to change Bass and Treble tone frequency and Q
  • max preamp increased to +12dB
  • max parametric Q factor increased to 12
  • better Bluetooth-to-Bluetooth audio route change handling
  • Absolute Volume detection improvements
  • new Export/Import Settings/Data
  • cold start improvements
  • translations updates, added Arabic and Persian. Huge thanks to our Crowdin translators

The notification for advanced player tracking is not showing in this build. And I've a small feeling that the DVC audio is kinda changed than usual.

Edited by Bargunan
got a second thought

8 hours ago, maxmp said:

@Bargunan I can't reproduce the issue. What is your Android version?

It's Android 12, redmi note 10 Pro and using pixel experience custom rom. It used to show a silent notification in the notification panel when pulled down that the Equalizer is running when using a streaming music player app like YouTube music but now it does not.

Android 12 prevents notifications for Equalizer unless you specifically disable battery optimization for it (see Notification settings in Equalizer settings).

By the way, other than that, Equalizer functionality is not affected even without notification on current Android 12 Pixel and Samsung implementations (on Android 11 notification is pretty much required), though this may change for other firmwares, for example, for MIUI.

Hi, thanks for updating the app...

I highly prefer the older design the new version is too large and not aligned rightly...

Please at least keep an option to restore the original design or to size the sliders frame.

Thanks for your work (I am premium for equalizer and player app)

New version (b 929)

Screenshot_20220224-044152_Poweramp_Equalizer_1.png

vs old (b 908)

Screenshot_20220224-044227_Poweramp_Equalizer_1.png

Edited by Ali Rahal

@maxmp its just a phone (redmi note 4, mido) with a full hd screen 1920x1080 with LineageOS 18.1 with stock dpi set at minimum on the settings (dpi 294)... this is done without root/xposed just with the display settings...

When the setting is left by default the app is even further bigger which is worst... 

@Ali Rahal a little off topic here… but with 2 highly boosted parametric bands of deep bass, 75% bass tone boost, and your preamp jacked up like that - do you not find the music gets very distorted? I’m not criticizing your listening preference, I’m just curious given how much DSP you are applying if it does overdrive your phone’s DAC or output stage.

@MotleyG you can do that with DVC (and keeping volume moderate).

@Ali Rahal thanks for the details. The problem here is that there are screen size + dpi "brackets" for layouts (so on phones with higher resolution, larger screens, dimensions of controls are changed to better fit those screens), and by modifying dpi on your phone you're getting into different bracket. Fixing it for you means it will be broken for all other users in that bracket. I will still try to reproduce that modified dpi, but I'm not sure if this is fixable. 

@MotleyG that profile is not a fine tunned one nor the one that I use with my high end headset, I use it rarely and it is meant for the phone's integrated speaker... and no there is no distortion but we are talking about a phone's integrated speaker :D

@maxmp yes I understand, finally I think this has not much to do with the DPI and screen resolution but more with the new locations of the buttons... let me explain, I just have 2 small concerns

- the width of the frame (freq slider's) get larger on the new version because the color and edit buttons was moved to the bottom left resulting in a larger frame.

- freq and gain button are not aligned horizentally

Here is a capture explaining what I mean, but basically I am asking if we can restore color and edit botton location where it was before (top right) or add an option to choose their location.

Capture of B930 vs B908

iMarkup_20220228_041141.jpg

Screenshot_20220224-044227_Poweramp_Equalizer_1.png

Edited by Ali Rahal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Jinyd If you don't have access to a USB port on your car radio device, so you can't run ADB on another device connected to it to provide the necessary permissions, you would need to get the authors of your Bugs music player to ask them provide support for external audio equalization. There's nothing PA-EQ can do without either them explicitly allowing equalization, or you applying the ADB dump permission hack for your device.

Andre

• 4 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Вы можете скачать с веб-сайта, а затем приобрести лицензию здесь же (действительна для одного устройства за раз).

https://forum.powerampapp.com/files/category/2-Poweramp-v3-latest-releases/

https://powerampapp.com/buy-Poweramp/

Андре

Sorry, I didn't specify, I need a Poweramp Equalizer

29 minutes ago, Олег Стогов said:

Sorry, I didn't specify, I need a Poweramp Equalizer

[Messages moved from the PA release thread to the EQ thread]

Website licences are available as an in-app purchase from the uni version of the EQ app, download from here: https://forum.powerampapp.com/files/category/5-poweramp-equalizer/ . Buy via the Settings menu.

Andre