Parar de repetir tanto as músicas 🤯

Go to solution Solved by maxmp,

Gente, não sei se isso tem algo a ver, mas desde que eu troquei de celular, o Poweramp está impossível de tanto repetir as mesmas músicas. As duas maiores playlists que eu ouço diariamente têm mais de 2000 músicas cada e não tem sentido repetir tanto as mesmas, cara. Ow, na parte das "Mais Tocadas" tem músicas que só em um mês repetiu já 5, 6, 7 vezes. Eu ouço essas playlists sempre no modo aleatório "misturar apenas músicas". Tem a opção "sem embaralhar novamente" mas dar muito trabalho ter que saber em qual música parou, pra quando voltar a playlist que estava selecionar a música exata e continuar a sequência... sem falar que se tocar no botão de aleatório no cabeçalho da playlist com essa opção ativada, nunca volta para a sequência que estava, volta para a mesma música que parou e além disso, fica forçado no modo "misturar músicas e categorias" (que eu não gosto de escutar assim). Não sei se tem algo a se fazer sobre isso, mas com tanta música que tem pra tocar (+2000), ficar sorteando as mesmas já está me deixando com raiva hahaha. No meu celular anterior isso acontecia com menos frequência e eu tinha menos músicas nas playlists, então não sei o porquê de estar acontecendo isso. Se alguém puder dar uma ajuda aí, fico agradecido.

---

Guys, I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but since I changed my cell phone, Poweramp is impossible to repeat the same songs so much. The two biggest playlists I listen to daily have over 2000 songs each and there's no point in repeating them so much, man. Ow, in the "Most Played" part, there are songs that have already been repeated 5, 6, 7 times in just one month. I hear these playlists always in shuffle mode "shuffle songs only". It has the option "without shuffling again" but it takes a lot of work to know which song you stopped on, so when you go back to the playlist you were on, select the exact song and continue the sequence... not to mention that if you tap the shuffle button in the header of playlist with this option enabled, it never goes back to the sequence it was in, it goes back to the same song it stopped and besides, it is forced into "mix songs and categories" mode (which I don't like to hear like that). I don't know if there's anything to be done about it, but with so much music to play (+2000), raffling them off is already making me angry hahaha. On my previous phone this happened less often and I had fewer songs in the playlists, so I don't know why this is happening. If anyone can help out there, I'd be grateful.

• Solution

There will be reshuffling logic changes soon, where shuffle will be less random: the recently played tracks will be moved to the bottom of the shuffled list. I hope this will resolve issue with largest collections, reshuffling, and randomly selected recently played songs. Thanks!

This one has been a perennial question since when I first started using these forums 10+ years ago.

To be truly and genuinely random, a brand new shuffled sequence could indeed chance upon playing a song that you happen to have heard quite recently. And the more songs you continue to listen, the more that chance increases. What the current method DOES guarantee though is that no file will ever be repeated within the currently built shuffled sequence - it will play everything in your Library (or Category, etc) exactly once, until you stop it by re-shuffling again anyway.

However Max's suggestion for an optional setting to prioritise un-played material would of course make hearing something again fairly soon much less happen, even though the order would no longer be really random. Personally though, I would prefer random to mean random.

Actually, if anything I'd like an option to bias the shuffle system towards my favourite songs - and since I don't use ratings, the best way to achieve that would be to bias toward my most-often played songs.

@maxmp Could I suggest a simple way to create a versatile setting that covers everyone's needs would be to add a slider control called something like "Bias shuffle towards Favourites/Often-Played" which could be moved all the way from "Prefer" at one end, via neutral (i.e. fully random shuffling) in the middle to "Avoid" at the other end? And the further you moved the slider away from the centre-point, the more extreme the algorithmic bias would become. That way a user could just gently nudge the logic process towards the direction they'd like to steer it - or at the full extreme, force the logic into shuffling every 5-star song first, then the 4-star songs, then 3-stars, etc. Or in @João Pedro Dias 's case, he could force the logic into shuffling all never-played songs first, then any once played songs, etc. But the point being that the bias would be variable, not just an on/off control. 

Andre 

@andrewilley the logic I want to apply generally allows that, but only practice may show if it really works or not. I'll try to add option to group (bias) shuffle based on different criteria. But we can't control it with slider as random is still random, we are just grouping whole list into sub-groups (divided somewhere in the middle) and shuffle them separately. Obviously this works best with the large lists.

I think I'd probably leave it turned off in that case and stick with fully random.#

Ideally, I'd prefer to be able to give the shuffle algorithm a gentle nudge rather than using hard cut-offs. So for example there would be a higher probability of a 5* song showing up earlier in the sequence, and a higher probability of a 1* song being nearer the end, but still with some level of randomness depending on how far you move the slider. Something like what is known as Roulette Wheel Selection in natural systems (http://www.edc.ncl.ac.uk/highlight/rhjanuary2007g02.php). I have no idea how easy that sort of thing would be to code though, so it may be more bother than it's worth.

Andre

On 1/29/2022 at 3:52 PM, maxmp said:

There will be reshuffling logic changes soon, where shuffle will be less random: the recently played tracks will be moved to the bottom of the shuffled list. I hope this will resolve issue with largest collections, reshuffling, and randomly selected recently played songs. Thanks!

É O MEU SONHO!!!!! Espero que dê certo, já estou esperando ansioso. Eu uso o Poweramp todo dia e quase o dia inteiro. Muito obrigado pela resposta!!

On 1/29/2022 at 8:48 PM, andrewilley said:

This one has been a perennial question since when I first started using these forums 10+ years ago.

To be truly and genuinely random, a brand new shuffled sequence could indeed chance upon playing a song that you happen to have heard quite recently. And the more songs you continue to listen, the more that chance increases. What the current method DOES guarantee though is that no file will ever be repeated within the currently built shuffled sequence - it will play everything in your Library (or Category, etc) exactly once, until you stop it by re-shuffling again anyway.

However Max's suggestion for an optional setting to prioritise un-played material would of course make hearing something again fairly soon much less happen, even though the order would no longer be really random. Personally though, I would prefer random to mean random.

Actually, if anything I'd like an option to bias the shuffle system towards my favourite songs - and since I don't use ratings, the best way to achieve that would be to bias toward my most-often played songs.

@maxmp Could I suggest a simple way to create a versatile setting that covers everyone's needs would be to add a slider control called something like "Bias shuffle towards Favourites/Often-Played" which could be moved all the way from "Prefer" at one end, via neutral (i.e. fully random shuffling) in the middle to "Avoid" at the other end? And the further you moved the slider away from the centre-point, the more extreme the algorithmic bias would become. That way a user could just gently nudge the logic process towards the direction they'd like to steer it - or at the full extreme, force the logic into shuffling every 5-star song first, then the 4-star songs, then 3-stars, etc. Or in @João Pedro Dias 's case, he could force the logic into shuffling all never-played songs first, then any once played songs, etc. But the point being that the bias would be variable, not just an on/off control. 

Andre 

Seria muito bom também, eu utilizo a opção de 👍🏽 para as melhores classificadas. Tenho atualmente nessa categoria 761 músicas classificadas como melhores e sempre toco essa playlist 2h por dia aos sábados e domingos (sim, gosto de escutar música desse jeito, cada dia ou cada hora uma playlist diferente). E como já mencionei uma vez aqui no fórum, uma opção de aleatório que priorize músicas recentemente adicionadas, ou melhores classificadas e que também priorize músicas que ainda não foram tocadas seria incrível. Tenho certeza que a tendência do aplicativo só irá melhorar!!