crossfade time LONGER please

Neto

hello there, please could you add longer time for the crossfade lenght please?? at the moment it is 15 seconds only the longest you can set up, I think longer up to 60 seconds (yes, 1 complete minute!!!) could work much much better on some types of music, for example ambient and some types of classical

if you don't want to give us longer crossfade, is it any way to tweak it?

thank you

It's not tweakable, no. Not sure if there would be any performance issues with going to 60 seconds, but Max could answer that one.

I've actually wondered why anyone would even want to go as long as 15 seconds other than for testing purposes, but I guess you've answered my question. :)

Andre

• 6 months later...

hello again,  still you have not made the crossfade longer up to 60 seconds 💔 

In the LIBRARY section, what about a new option:

Ignore large tracks with duration larger than - turn off by default, and when you enter the option:

* Don't ignore - include all

° 5 minutes

° 10 minutes

° 15 minutes

° 20 minutes

° 25 minutes

° 30 minutes

this could work when you want to shuffle your entire music collection but you don't want to enter to a deep mixed set, podcast, audiobook or just want to jump randomly with short tracks

@Neto That might be a handy option in Shuffle settings to avoid Podcasts or Audiobooks turning up during music shuffle sessions, but I can't see the point in the general Library views. For shuffling, I now avoid using 'Shuffle All Songs' for that very reason. Instead, I use the Shuffle icon at the top of the relevant Folders Hierarchy view, to ensure that only my assorted music subfolders get shuffled.

But what has this got to do with longer crossfades?

Andre 

• 8 months later...

hello there

hey, how about make the Longer Crossfade a part of the ADVANCED TWEAKS menu?

AUDIO > Advanvced Tweaks > Longer crossfade > (also) use seconds instead of millisenconds (1-60)

also don't forget:

LIBRARY > Advanced > Ignore Large Tracks (podcasts, mixed sets, etc.) 

(turn off by default), and when you enter the option:

* Don't ignore - include all

° 5 minutes

° 10 minutes

° 15 minutes

° 20 minutes

° 25 minutes

° 30 minutes

1) Crossfade slider already goes up to 15 seconds, would you really need any longer than that? If so, for what purpose?

2) Would probably be best as a companion feature to the existing 'Ignore Short Tracks' option in Settings=>Library. Maybe even as a two-ended slider to define both the minimum and maximum length of tracks to be included? e.g. Set the slider controls to scan anything from 2 secs to 20 minutes, or if you want to catch everything you'd use 0 seconds to 'No Limit'.

Actually @maxmp would that and the 'Ignore Video Tracks' option be better suited to the Settings=>Library=>Scanner submenu anyway?

Andre