Output is capped at 16bit 48kHz

Rohan Ghosh
Go to solution Solved by Rohan Ghosh,

Hi,

I've a LG G8X phone. It supports up to 32bit & 192kHz audio. I'm using a beyerdynamic dt770 pro headphone with it. I've got some 24bit 192kHz audio files but when I play them with Poweramp it shows output is 16bit 48kHz only. I've tried opensles & hi-res output mode but the result remains same. Am i doing something wrong?

Screenshots_2021-12-24-20-50-51.png

Screenshots_2021-12-24-20-51-11.png

1 hour ago, Rohan Ghosh said:

Hi,

I've a LG G8X phone. It supports up to 32bit & 192kHz audio. I'm using a beyerdynamic dt770 pro headphone with it. I've got some 24bit 192kHz audio files but when I play them with Poweramp it shows output is 16bit 48kHz only. I've tried opensles & hi-res output mode but the result remains same. Am i doing something wrong?

The hi-res output will support this on the LG G8 and G8X. But you need to select the frequency you want.

@maxmp Any update on moving to a platform with a dynamic sample rate that “follows” the source? With the many devices that support rates upwards of 192 and 384kHz sample rates, it would be ideal if this was an option. I don’t see any reason to have 44.1kHz CD rips to be upsampled to 192kHz, but at the same time I don’t want hi res files downsampled either.

59 minutes ago, MotleyG said:

The hi-res output will support this on the LG G8 and G8X. But you need to select the frequency you want.

@maxmp Any update on moving to a platform with a dynamic sample rate that “follows” the source? With the many devices that support rates upwards of 192 and 384kHz sample rates, it would be ideal if this was an option. I don’t see any reason to have 44.1kHz CD rips to be upsampled to 192kHz, but at the same time I don’t want hi res files downsampled either.

Thanks for your valuable input. It worked.