Samsung Galaxy II issue

defecz

Hi Max. You have told that the phone you most commonly use is samsung galaxy s ii. I have that phone too, but Poweramp 2 works unbelievably buggy on it. It can freeze many times a day and the only solution is reboot. It scans the whole library often and doesn't understand music files on my sd card on default. (My internal memory is 16 gb and sd card 32 gb. Both have songs, however after every scan it only finds the internal memory songs and i have to do a rescan for my sd card songs. And yes the folders are marked as music folders) So as you can believe, this is an enormous pain. Especially for my playlists.

My rom is wki8, an official samsung galaxy ii rom. But, what is the rom on your phone? Because I have to change to that or change back to 1.4. Please tell.

Hi Max. You have told that the phone you most commonly use is samsung galaxy s ii. I have that phone too, but Poweramp 2 works unbelievably buggy on it. It can freeze many times a day and the only solution is reboot. It scans the whole library often and doesn't understand music files on my sd card on default. (My internal memory is 16 gb and sd card 32 gb. Both have songs, however after every scan it only finds the internal memory songs and i have to do a rescan for my sd card songs. And yes the folders are marked as music folders) So as you can believe, this is an enormous pain. Especially for my playlists.

My rom is wki8, an official samsung galaxy ii rom. But, what is the rom on your phone? Because I have to change to that or change back to 1.4. Please tell.

Hi Defecz, Apologise I am not able to see your real name in profile :)

I am also using Galaxy S II with 32GB card and its class 10.

Couple of things different from yours are...

1. I have music files only in my card and not in internal 16GB.
  2. Mine is Android 2.3.3 (WKF3)

I don't have issues you have mentioned.

Try moving all the files into either internal fixed memory or card and see. Then again have in both and see if this is reproducible.

Because I had some strange behaviours from Galaxy S II after having the new external card. But not related to Poweramp.

Archived