Play/pause button in the notification

ninjaw

Thanks for the request.

This is planned feature for PowerAMP on Androids 3.0/4.0

As for Androids 2.x, OS always closes the notification panel when something is pressed in it (this is forced by the Android 2.x), thus placing control buttons like << >> is not appropriate there. Still, pause play may work there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This would be really nice. The notification controls are the one thing I miss from Google music on Ice Cream Sandwich. It is so much easier to just pull down the notification bar and pause/ skip than having to go into the app and mess up what you are currently doing. Please hurry with this update, it would be extremely nice!

• 2 weeks later...

hi maxmp.

out of curiousity, how did Samsung manage to get this done in their galaxy s 2 phones? is it safe to assume that this is tied to the touchwiz overlay? it really caught me by surprise when their music app showed up in the notification pulldown with playback controls without closing it per keypress.

• 2 months later...

Hi I see this has been implemented, so thanks for that. However, in its current state (in ICS) the notification panel closes the app when paused. For Google's "Play Music" player the notification stays open until you close it with an X button. I don't know if this has been asked before but I would find it really useful if Poweramp's notification behaved the same way. This way that pause button would actually work as a pause button instead of as an exit button.

Archived