A-Z Sidebar doesn't works on created playlists

calamar87

Hi. Why the A-Z Sidebar doesn't works on persona created playlists? It works on ALL SONGS, ALBUMS, ARTISTS, GENRE but when I get into my personal playlist I don't have that sidebar, and I have enabled the A-Z Sidebar option. Instead, I have the common bar but it isn't exactly as the A-Z Sidebar. I want to use it as I can use it on other modes

Screenshot_20211209-095321_Poweramp.jpg

The A-Z bar is only shown when the content guaranteed to be alphabetically sorted. As Playlists obey their own (song-by-song) sequence, and there is no view sort option, the A-Z bar is not applicable. It will also disappear in any other Category that is not being shown in alphabetical order (e.g. if you have Albums sorted By Year or By Date Added).

Andre

@andrewilley Excuse me, but if I am on ALL SONGS and y sort by TITLE, the A-Z Sidebar appears, if I select any other type of order, it disappear. If I am on ceated play lists, if I sort the songs by title, the A-Z Sidebar doesnt appears. So, why in ALL SONGS, with songs sorted BY TITLE the sidebar appears but doesnt appears in playlists wich songs are sorted BY TITLE?

Because as I said, Playlists do not have any 'List Options' sort order like other Categories, they are always shown line-by-line in the order that they appear in the file/list.

Sure you may happen to have created a playlist that is in alphabetical order (including by using the 'Re-sort' feature to permanently rearrange the content into a new sequence) but PA isn't displaying a 'sorted' view, it's just displaying whatever order is now found in the Playlist.

Andre