"HIGH RES" Tag & Seekbar Color

Go to solution Solved by Bencherished,

1. in the future update, please add a "tag" or something like a "marking" that this file is high res right beside the song title or wherever is appropriate. Sony has this feature that marks a High Res File with "HR" beside the song title. 

2. please adapt the design of TIDAL seekbar where it is colorized based on the music quality. default for <320 kbps, blue for 800 to 1000 kbps, and orange for >1100 kbps

Long-press on the metadata line at the bottom of the screen, it will change to show file format info including resolution.

Not sure what you plan to actually do with that info though? Stop listening should the bitrate be too low? If you can't hear the difference, what point is there having a visual notification - apart from the bragging rights anyway. :)

Andre

38 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Long-press on the metadata line at the bottom of the screen, it will change to show file format info including resolution.

Not sure what you plan to actually do with that info though? Stop listening should the bitrate be too low? If you can't hear the difference, what point is there having a visual notification - apart from the bragging rights anyway. :)

Andre

lol yeah I wanna brag about high res audio so yeah 

• Solution

Colours makes things look beautiful, I have above eight thousand MP3 songs, occupying 67GB on my SD CARD, they have mixed kbps, I do notice the difference if any is below 225kbps, so I delete and download a higher kbps. 

Having the colors will make it easier to sort out the low quality kbps. 

Edited by Bencherished

7 minutes ago, Bencherished said:

Colours makes things look beautiful

To an extent, yes. But lots of colours do tend to make things look confused, cluttered and garish. Less is often more.

One possible solution in the meantime would be the same one that some people use to flag Explicit lyrics, which is to add some special Unicode character(s) to the end of the Title tag. For example this one is using Unicode U+1F536 ("large orange diamond"):

image.png

Or for more detail, something like:

image.png

A batch tag editor could do this for a whole music collection very easily.

Andre