Will any portable DAC/Amp work with any android mobile phone?

John Thornton

Will any portable DAC/Amp connected to an android mobile phone's USB “C” charger outlet work with every mobile phone and every music player?

Could anyone using Poweramp advise which portable DAC/Amp they are using successfully with Poweramp which would be suitable for $2,000.00 to $3,000.00 easy to drive headphones?

I have tried unsuccessfully to use my $5000.00 desktop DAC with Poweramp and can not get it to work as music will only come from the mobile phones speakers and the speakers can not be turned off using Poweramp, it just keeps resetting itself.

I have a Samsung A52s 5G mobile which I expected could be used with an external desk top DAC although it appears if using Poweramp I will only be able to use a portable DAC/Amp.

10 minutes ago, John Thornton said:

Will any portable DAC/Amp connected to an android mobile phone's USB “C” charger outlet work with every mobile phone and every music player?

Could anyone using Poweramp advise which portable DAC/Amp they are using successfully with Poweramp which would be suitable for $2,000.00 to $3,000.00 easy to drive headphones?

I have tried unsuccessfully to use my $5000.00 desktop DAC with Poweramp and can not get it to work as music will only come from the mobile phones speakers and the speakers can not be turned off using Poweramp, it just keeps resetting itself.

I have a Samsung A52s 5G mobile which I expected could be used with an external desk top DAC although it appears if using Poweramp I will only be able to use a portable DAC/Amp.

This is usually dependent on the device (phone/DAP),  more so than the DAC. But the SS A52 should be able to do this in most cases as far as I know. I would try resetting the hi-res and USB output settings first.

I myself have a Fiio E10K DAC/amp that works with my LG G7 and G8 with Poweramp.

There is an option to force the speaker off in some cases for OS issues that don’t do this automatically.