Full rescan never finishes

touz

build version: 911
device: Pixel 4 XL
Android version: Android 11
ROM: CalyxOS
steps to reproduce: add ogg vorbis files to Music folder > Open Poweramp > Full rescan

Issue: the full rescan never stops. I let it run for 12 hours on around 10,000 tracks, and at some point the number just stops increasing.

The scan can finish within minutes if my library is converted to MP3 V0.

I tried downgrading Poweramp version, clearing data/cache, but I have the same issue.

I've had a big vorbis library on the same phone/os in the past and didn't have any issue.

Is there any way I could troubleshoot the issue further?

Thanks!

Mostly like some of the new files are perhaps malformed, so when PA tries to scan them it is breaking the scanner for some reason. If you remove them, so the scan work correctly? Does the initial "Scanning Folders" stage work OK (so the total number of files found is shown at the top), but the second phase, "Scanning Library" which is the detailed scan of tag contents, does not complete to the end? 

There's no card slot on that device (thanks Google :( ) so it shouldn't be access permissions or faulty storage formatting.

Andre

Hi Andre, thank you for your reply :)

The initial "Scanning Folders" stage finishes quite fast, it really hangs at some point in the "Scanning Library" stage.

I'm attaching a log I took this morning, would this be of any help?

I converted my FLAC library to Opus instead of Vorbis, and I'm seeing the exact same behavior. Would there be a way to know if/which files makes Poweramp hang?

What is strange is that I scanned individually every folder (25 I think), and the scan finishes for everyone of them, albeit some are slower to scan than others. I'm guessing if the problem would be with the files, smaller scans would still be an issue?

Poweramp.log