Android Auto not showing all albums

Ikerkaz

Build-911-arm64-play

Samsung Galaxy A71 with Android 11 (One UI 3.1)

I have a SD card with lot of music, perfectly organized in albums. All my collection shows correctly in the app, but when I connect the phone to my car and starts Android Auto, my car do not shows all albums, only from A to S.

¿Is there any limit in the number of albums that Poweramp can show in Android Auto?

Thank you very much and sorry for my terrible english, I'm from Spain :(

You'd have to ask Google that, as it's their app. I suspect not though, even scrolling through 400 items is not to be recommended on a system that's meant to have a very limited interface for use while driving. It used to be larger with earlier versions of AA I seem to recall, and has been reduced.

Andre

Excuse me again... I think that I am not explaining well :(

In the album view I touch over the A-Z icon (in order to see all letters) and Poweramp only shows from A to S, although I have albums with initials T, V, Z, etc.

There are other music players (like Musicolet, Gonemad player or Shuffle) that shows all albums and letters correctly.

Thank you very much.

There is implicit limit for number of the items in Auto lists. Loading 500-700 items takes up to few seconds there, and pushing it more may cause crash. I guess Auto players are not intended to show large lists. Use search, voice search, custom playlists, etc to narrow the album or other item. Thanks!

I find AA's list display is spotty at best on my Hyundai car head unit - it almost never works in fact, I just get a spinning wait symbol and nothing ever happens. I usually set my choice of music up before I start driving though, or use Shuffle.

I do most of my AA testing using the phone app version. In there, for the 'All Songs' list I see exactly 400 songs, no more no less. In 'Albums' mode I seem to see all of them (I have 443 albums) and in 'Artists' mode (of which I have 1349) I see up to the start of the 'M's, so about half of them.

Andre

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/5/2021 at 9:11 AM, andrewilley said:

I find AA's list display is spotty at best on my Hyundai car head unit - it almost never works in fact, I just get a spinning wait symbol and nothing ever happens.

Oddly enough , the list features now seem to be working fine for me. I wonder if the recent AA update has fixed that?

I noticed an AA interface layout update a couple of months ago which moved the 'media playing' control away from the main play controls row up to the top-right corner of the screen - which is great, as I can now see all five control buttons in one row with no three-dots overflow item.

Then more recently (in the last week or two?) the text wording of that button changed to simply 'Queue' (which is a bit counter-intuitive for Poweramp, as the 'Queue' is a special entity which that button does not actually refer to). It is this most recent change that seems to have also resolved my issue with lists and Categories never displaying, and in tests today they all seem to be working perfectly.  

image.png

Andre