Skin Presets.

Sam Darabi

22 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

That would be down to each skin author I guess. I'll move this to the Skins forum anyway. You do know skin settings are saved in Poweramp 'Export Settings' files don't you?

Andre

Ok good idea, I can use export settings for saving themes then.

But having this option specially for Skin apps would be helpful, I can switch between new skins. 

You can switch between skins (new or old) with the Settings > Look and Feel > Skin menu. And the Export/Import Settings feature saves the settings of all installed skins, not just the currently active one.

I suspect this request of mine from a while back would do exactly what you want though, as you just could backup just the skin settings to a file so when you later restore that file it wouldn't affect any other changes you may have made in the meantime:

Andre

29 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

You can switch between skins (new or old) with the Settings > Look and Feel > Skin menu. And the Export/Import Settings feature saves the settings of all installed skins, not just the currently active one.

I suspect this request of mine from a while back would do exactly what you want though, as you just could backup just the skin settings to a file so when you later restore that file it wouldn't affect any other changes you may have made in the meantime:

Andre

Yeah I got your point but my meant was for new themes, for example a new theme pack included 10 presets released on play store.

If I install it l, it would be definitely just a main preset. I have to do it manually to create other presets represent in screenshot of app by myself. That's my point here.

3 minutes ago, Sam Darabi said:

I have to do it manually to create other presets represent in screenshot of app by myself.

That's the point of custom skins. Out of the box they have a default selection preset by the skin developer. But you can customize these to suit your taste, some more than others. 

• 2 months later...
On 9/27/2021 at 8:42 AM, Sam Darabi said:

As you know Skins are manually which means you have to set a lot of parts and in order to get your desire theme.

But if there was an option in the skins to simply switch between theme presets even import and export, it would be awesome.

I asked about that years ago. I guess the feature never got added. I hate losing my custom settings and not have presets to get back the way i had it.   I also don't change the colors and settings on Yaps because there is so many settings and colors in afraid I'll never get it back the way i had it. If only i can have different presets for color schemes.  Recently Yaps got defaulted on both my tablet and phone.  I spent a long time on it and still didn't get it the way i had it.   I get so overwhelmed trying to customize Yaps that i use a simpler skin like liv dark.  

Just save your settings when you've got them the way you want, then you can restore them again later if you ever mess something up. From PA 912 you can even create a backup file that contains only your skin settings, so using it won't change any other settings in PA. You can create/restore as many backup files as you like to try out different options.

Andre

5 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

I get so overwhelmed trying to customize Yaps that i use a simpler skin like liv dark.  

Yes Yaps is not for the faint hearted. Other skins follow amore "off the peg" approach and only apply colours.

Yaps is different in the it moves objects, adds objects, changes layouts and that is on top of the large selection of options.

13 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Just save your settings when you've got them the way you want, then you can restore them again later if you ever mess something up. From PA 912 you can even create a backup file that contains only your skin settings, so using it won't change any other settings in PA. You can create/restore as many backup files as you like to try out different options.

Andre

Is there a way to back up the skins individually so other skins won't be changed if i restore the settings?