Insert new songs on top of the playlist rather than below

Hello,

Sorry if this was already mentioned, but as my playlists got bigger it made more sense for songs to appear at the top of the playlist where I can easily access the new songs of a playlist. Maybe there already exists a setting, but I couldn't find it. 

Thanks for the help.

Back when the 'Play Next' feature was first introduced, there were several threads about it.

I must admit I initially assumed 'Play Next' would not have anything to do with the queue at all, as the wording did not imply queueing. Instead, after the current song finished, playback would simply switch to the newly requested song/album/folder/etc and carry on seamlessly in that mode from there onward. It would be exactly as if you had tapped on a song title, pressed the 'Play' icon at the top of an album list, but the activity wouldn't happen until the present song had finished.

Personally, I would still prefer that method of operation.

Tasks like "Insert at beginning of Queue" or "Insert at beginning of Playlist" would instead be better suited to long-pressing on the current controls. So you'd tap on the '>>Queue' control to add something to the end of the queue, but you'd long-press on '>>Queue' to insert at the start of the queue. 

Andre

21 hours ago, andrewilley said:

So you'd tap on the '>>Queue' control to add something to the end of the queue, but you'd long-press on '>>Queue' to insert at the start of the queue. 

As one who almost exclusively uses the Queue rather than the "normal" method I like this proposed use of ">>Queue".