Embedded Rating Tags

d1v

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+1, Been using the free version, and really hoped the paid version would have this in the player, widget, and lock-screen widget. If it was, I would have bought it today. It would be great to have the 5 star system since I use iSyncr-Wifi to sync all my music with iTunes.

+1....I rate my music ALL THE TIME. It is a must for Audiophiles with huge collections who cannot take the time to remember the names of tracks they loved 4 years ago. Already up to 10,000 individually rated songs in my library. Rating-On-The-Go is one of the things I missed when I used my iPod for listening.

+1 I would definitely buy this player if it supported rating-on-the-go - preferably including from the lock screen. Please please please add a means of exporting the ratings of all files to a text file or something that can be taken to the computer independently: it would be really nice to have an easy way to get the ratings that were done on the phone back on to the PC without messing around with synchronisation software. It would also be nice to be able to import new ratings from the PC so that the MP3s didn't have to be re-copied if the ratings were changed on the desktop.

• 11 months later...

Old topic brought back up....

But I read somewhere there was a plan to embed the star ratings in the music files themselves rather than a local record in a file like it is now.

Will the star ratings be compatible with the way media player 12 stores ratings in the file?

Will the file modified date be updated and have media player 12 sync the file back to my pc when I change a star rating? This may be more a microsoft question but anyway.

Is this planned for the next release or will it be further down the track or not planned?

• 2 months later...

I am new to using Poweramp and was just shocked to realize it doesn't use the tags for ratings. The whole reason I dumped Apple and itunes was because they didn't adhere to standards. There are mp3 tag standards for this and they should be followed.

+1 even if it would save it in a seperate Poweramp library it would be nice. Allthough I have to admit that I have yet to find a Phone App to read the tags correctly :S

PlayerPro reads ratings from tags properly (Settings > Music library > Rating system > select "Music files").

I'm currently evaluating Poweramp and PlayerPro, to decide wich one I'll buy.

Overall I liked Poweramp the most, the only one thing it lacks is sync ratings with MediaMonkey (or save ratings in tags). MM is the choice for almost every non apple user and for me this feature is critical to my decision.

If we had at least a comment from developers that this feature would be implemented it would be sufficient for me.

About PlayerPro, I read everywhere that it syncs with MM, but I simply couldn't find how to rate the songs in the program.

Well, I'll take my time and decide when both trials were finished.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I would purchase Poweramp if it supported global ratings in mp3's. My trial just expired and I finally uninstalled it with sadness. I love the app but if it doesn't support ratings then I can't justify spending money on it. I know this request/topic has been requested many times but it hasn't really been addressed recently. Is there any hope that this will be included in a future release any time soon?

Crossing fingers,

Joel

• 3 weeks later...

Bump,

I use a app and PC program called iSyncr & iSyncr WiFi (PS a really good app for syncing) with Poweramp to sync my songs and smart playlists from iTunes. It a fantastic program which also comes with a "rating widget" that then syncs all the ratings. The sucky thing is when u rate a song you have to do it twice. It saves it but to the file then syncs it with iTunes so u can make a smart playlist with the ratings.

Here's what the widget looks like. Its a bit yucky considering Poweramp is so flash.

https://www.dropbox....%2014.08.12.png

Its an ok work around until Poweramp work it into their program somehow **coughs**.... As I like Poweramp so much Im just gonna have to wait till they find a fix **coughs**

Here's a link for the iSyncr widget too

http://www.jrtstudio.com/iSyncr/iSyncr_Ratings_FAQ

• 1 month later...

Everyone, yes this will be a feature in the next update of Poweramp so no worries it's coming!

Can't wait for ratings sync to be enabled so that I can sync properly with Mediamonkey! Is there an estmated date as when this will be available?

Thanks!

I've got most of my media library nicely tagged and rated on my desktop. Syncing the songs to my phone would cause a transcode (mine's mostly a Flac library) to ogg vorbis -q.5. I see the tags (using mp3tag) that the resulting .ogg file has a rating field, but Poweramp doesn't seem to use that when the file's imported to the library.

Any possibility of implementing this?

Archived