Manually install skin?

You said "out of curiosity", about 20 hours ago, and I don't know a definitive answer I'm afraid. I didn't even know what you were suggesting would work at all, and then you need to get the APK files which the Play Store does not normally provide. As I said earlier, PA v2 hasn't been supported for a number of years now, but the original Poweramp-supplied HD skins ought to still work though - you can still download the APK from:

Andre

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as i know most free apps on the play store can be downloaded as apks so if its a free skin with time limit like flyingdutchmans, you could bypass the time limit by using the skin without installing like i did. I know v2 is long gone but i expect it would be the same for v3. Thanks for the hd skins but what i wanted to know is what are they? How are they different then the built in ones?

5 hours ago, happy go lucky said:

As far as i know most free apps on the play store can be downloaded as apks so if its a free skin with time limit like flyingdutchmans, you could bypass the time limit by using the skin without installing like i did. I know v2 is long gone but i expect it would be the same for v3. Thanks for the hd skins but what i wanted to know is what are they? How are they different then the built in ones?

I don’t think you are going to get too many responses regarding methods to bypass payment for work someone else has done.

On 8/27/2021 at 1:21 AM, MotleyG said:

I don’t think you are going to get too many responses regarding methods to bypass payment for work someone else has done.

I would never try to bypass payment. I wasn't asking that, i was pointing out what i thought might be a problem with Poweramp enabling users to bypass payment for paid skins. If you would have read my earlier posts you'd see i don't even have v3 of Poweramp and i have no use of some method of bypassing payment even if i would believe it was ok to do that.

3 hours ago, happy go lucky said:

I would never try to bypass payment. I wasn't asking that, i was pointing out what i thought might be a problem with Poweramp enabling users to bypass payment for paid skins. If you would have read my earlier posts you'd see i don't even have v3 of Poweramp and i have no use of some method of bypassing payment even if i would believe it was ok to do that.

The direction of this thread would suggest otherwise from reading all of your 19 posts here, regardless of your intent. So from that perspective I was commenting that you weren’t likely to get a response.

Regardless, it will be a challenge to get some skins to work on this older device, as all 3rd party developers for V2 skins have not been active here since long before the launch of V3. Other than those perhaps that you may be able to find through alternative online search results. Hopefully you are able to find something that works on this device.

2 hours ago, MotleyG said:

The direction of this thread would suggest otherwise from reading all of your 19 posts here, regardless of your intent.

Thanks for counting, couldn't have done it better myself😀

2 hours ago, MotleyG said:

Regardless, it will be a challenge to get some skins to work on this older device, as all 3rd party developers for V2 skins have not been active here since long before the launch of V3. Other than those perhaps that you may be able to find through alternative online search results. Hopefully you are able to find something that works on this device.

Yeh, thanks! I managed to get a few good skins which i modified and mixed to better fit my small screen.

Petsonally, I still feel that if your device (you never did say what it actually is?) is unable to install apps from online stores OR from local physical APK files, it is effectively at the end of its useable life. I assume you've tried factory-resetting it?

Andre