Problems with Android Auto

FizzyBubbele

Im Drilling an new Toyota Corolla with Android Auto.

Sometimes Andoroid Auto does not work,

but it is still running. No Audio, nothing.

I have to restart Poweramp on the Phone.

Also is there a problem wenn the Network changes from LTE to my homepage wifi when the Phone is connected to Android Auto. The Music is crackling and runs to Show.

My Phone is a Samsung note 20 ultra with a normal kernal. No changes with my Phone.

Not sure if it's related, but I have had issues with PA showing as unresponsive in Android Auto for quite some time. I didn't notice it much during lockdown as I wasn't driving anywhere, but I'm seeing it very often now. 

As long as I start music playback fairly quickly after launching the audio player interface in Android Auto, it works fine and playback carries on for as long as I want.

However if I open the PA screen first but don't start playing anything, or if I later pause PA for too long (approx. 90 seconds seems the limit) I get an error message saying that PA has stopped responding:

image.png

Pulling out the USB connector and plugging it back in again resets the AA connection and everything works perfectly then - until the next time it happens.

No problems with other apps like Google Maps navigation. Poweramp, the Unlocker, and the AA app on my phone are all excluded from battery optimisation.

Andre

• 1 month later...

I'm experiencing the same issue as Andre for a few months now. It usually happens in first connection or reconnecting after a while, music will play for a second then stop and the Play button will be unresponsive and display 'Poweramp doesn't seem to be working at the moment' message. The only workaround is to press the Home button on Android Auto and launch Poweramp from the app menu, which allows it to start playing music again. Can be frustrating. Also I've noticed the playlist button no longer functions either, it will try to load it indefinitely without luck. Any updates on this? Are we the only ones? 

• 1 month later...

Has anyone else noticed that this problem has gone away? I've been using PA build 911 for a while, so it's not a PA app change, but I wonder if there's been an update to the underlying AA app - possibly at the same time as the interface modification which moved the far-left 'Now Playing List' icon (which never worked for me) up into the top-right as a button and then renamed it as "Queue". This freed up an extra icon space in main row so all five control items can be displayed without an overflow list, which is great.

Before:
image.png

Now:
image.png

Anyway, now I don't experience the issue of pausing for 90+ seconds causing the "PA doesn't seem to be working" message, and also the Queue button and the Category lists all now work fine (previously I only ever got a spinning/loading icon when I tried to use them). So all in all, whatever did it, Android Auto is a lot more useable for me now.

Andre