Artist bio, Dedicated lyrics Button & hide album name

Hi guys..  I have some feature requests, which I think would make Poweramp even better. 

1) Artist Biography- It would be very useful if Poweramp could fetch artist biography. Nowadays every Music player out there in the play store has this feature. I've edited a picture for reference.

Adobe_Post_20210722_1050350.06742847527037454.thumb.png.6790fea84babb1617120ab720a4e2150.png

2)Dedicated Lyrics button in the player screen (look at the edited picture below) 

Adobe_Post_20210722_1039290.7521171135121417.thumb.png.061df604d461e9a8e1f2ea13c27417a6.png

3)ability to hide album name in the player screen and lists (I even contacted some skin devs and they said they couldn't do it)

Adobe_Post_20210722_1045340.5824413773984132.thumb.png.1a38501463391edea88159e6c8704b2c.png

I would be really happy if any of the single Features from this list be implemented in Poweramp. 

Thank you.

1) Sounds interesting, rather like Album Art is downloaded from the cloud at the moment you mean? Such info could be shown via the existing Info/Tags display for each song. It's up to Max to decide how popular that would be though.

2) Max said a while ago that he has plans to make that whole line of control icons user-configurable at some point in the future. I would have thought Lyrics would be an ideal candidate for one of the options in any such list.

3) The skin authors were correct, PA currently generates the "Artist - Album" text as a single pre-built string, so skins can't separate it out into two items for individual display. There are several separate request threads on this subject though, the general consensus being that editable formatting strings for both the upper and lower lines of text would be ideal, so you could optionally set them up however you like - e.g. top line being "%track%. %title%" and bottom line being "%artist%". My summarised suggestion in this thread is probably the most detailed:

Andre

@Scorpion thanks for the requests. 2, 3 are the features that are planned in one or another form. As for #1, there are 2 approaches seen in apps: a corporation (owning the app) licenses that copyrighted material for $; or the smaller apps use non commercial last.fm or similar services, they violate TOS if they are commercial. The last time I contacted last.fm for commercial license they wanted like $5 per month per install.

On 7/23/2021 at 2:50 AM, maxmp said:

@Scorpion thanks for the requests. 2, 3 are the features that are planned in one or another form. As for #1, there are 2 approaches seen in apps: a corporation (owning the app) licenses that copyrighted material for $; or the smaller apps use non commercial last.fm or similar services, they violate TOS if they are commercial. The last time I contacted last.fm for commercial license they wanted like $5 per month per install.

Happy to hear that 2nd and 3rd requests are planned. Thanks for the good work

About artist bio, can't Poweramp just parse first part (short summary) from Wikipedia? or maybe just let it open google that auto search "[band name] band wikipedia" and the users will pick the text themselves to paste into the artist bio.

Sorry if I might sound ignorant, not a developer here.

$5 / month / install seem too pricey and unsustainable as Poweramp itself is only a one-time payment, but if I might so bold to say here that another single-purchase music app also have artist bio feature (BlackPlayer), but I don't know where the app get the information

@erbon @erbon even I was thinking the same. There are many free Music players on the play store with less than 10,000 installs and still has artist bio feature, I don't think that those developers are paying $5 for artist bio. I'm thinking that there's another way to get artist bio without paying any $.

6 hours ago, erbon said:

open google that auto search "[band name] band wikipedia"

That may or may not work, and might come unstuck if its a solo artist or a collaboration in the Artist tag. The Google Knowledge Panel might be a good start, but even that is not 100% reliable.

Andre

4 hours ago, maxmp said:

@Scorpion small players usually use non-commercial license, but this is TOS and Play terms violation. Nevertheless I’ll try either find freely sourced info or optionally add an API to add such bios easily.

PA how about the synchronize lyric ofline lrc file? I saw the first request lrc file last 2018.

Edited by Itchi Ruiz
Nine