Poweramp builds 906-911

3 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

As it seems to be from background usage, the most likely thing would be an issue with storage access / background file scanning. Try turning all of PA's AutoScan options off in PA Settings > Library > Scanner and see if that changes things. Also for recent Android versions, turn off PA Settings > Misc > Keep Service and Use Wakelock. 

Andre

Done, let's hope for results..

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, 6b6561 said:

This goes back to the "jam factory"... google is preventing apps to hide their icons, guess this is to prevent "stealth" apps.

Thanks for that information. I wonder how soon developers are going to do the same with Poweramp skins?

Thank goodness Nova Launcher still has hiding apps as an option - assuming they don't need to remove that option too.

Edited by djdarko

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2021 at 10:06 PM, Sergio Albert said:

I have a weird glitch with the app which started recently. All the album art just disappeared out of nowhere. Few songs do still have album art but most just vanished. I guess this can be fixed by clearing the app data,but this is still a bug. 

Also, if anyone knows a way to fix it without clearing app data, it would be helpful. (P.S I am on the latest version of Poweramp and on Android 9) 

Screenshot_20210829_020102_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.jpg

I have complained about this several times without any result.

The only way to get back to normal listing, is to make a full library scan in the settings.

In my situation, I guess it is has something to do with reading the huge library located at the added SDCard, resulting in a reading failure which is not caught correctly. If the phone was using the UFS format instead of the outdated eMMC there properly wouldn't be a problem.

3 hours ago, jorgensen said:

The only way to get back to normal listing, is to make a full library scan in the settings.

In my situation, I guess it is has something to do with reading the huge library located at the added SDCard, resulting in a reading failure which is not caught correctly. If the phone was using the UFS format instead of the outdated eMMC there properly wouldn't be a problem.

Not sure what “huge” means for your library, but I have 24k tracks, mostly in lossless ALAC. My uSD card is a Sandisk Extreme 512GB. I have no issues with accessing the library after the initial scan by Album, Artist, AlbumArtist, Song, Composer, etc. And all embedded artwork shows up. I have two devices, a LG G8 at Android 10 and an iBasso DX160 DAP that is way back at Android 8.1. So I can’t say that it isn’t an issue with PA that you are seeing, but there is a chance it is device related.

5 hours ago, jorgensen said:

I also have over 24,000 MP3 tracks with album art being separate folder.jpg files in each album folder on a Sumsung MicroSD card and have never seen this issue. Moto x4 / Android 9 phone.

I have a Nokia 7.1 phone set to Aptx Adaptive bluetoothing  Klipsch R41-PM speakers I use Poweramp as my main source which is build 9110044-cb218340. will the new build give me any better sound? and will I be able to keep my Graphic equaliser settings?

I had to turn off auto rescan because Poweramp was constantly losing songs for no reason. So now I only run into the problem when I add new tracks and perform a rescan to find the new songs, it often loses a few dozen songs that already existed in the library. I have to perform a full rescan sometimes more than once to get the old songs back. It's random every time which songs it chooses. Sometimes I know because I have a bunch of unknown artists pop up, other times I am looking for an album days later and I can't find it anywhere, not even in folder view. I do a full rescan and it reappears. I am now keeping track of the number of songs in my library and I keep scanning after adding new songs until the right number appears.

This started happening around the time the multi artist update came through. Library is 14k+ Android 11, currently using Sony 5 II for the last few months. I was using Sony Compact 5 and it was doing the same thing.

Здравствуйте!Телефон Blackview 6800 Pro, SD Card Samsung 128GB, Android 8.0.0,Poweramp 906-911.Проблема в следующем:Хочу послушать музыку из определённой папки,и какое то время проигрываются аудио файлы из выбранной папки,затем в какой то момент папка автоматически(без моего участия)меняется на другую папку с музыкой где файлов больше.Как это вылечить?Я пробовал при сканировании библиотеки отключать ту папку на которую автоматом переключается плеер но это не помогло.Такое авто переключене с папки на папку стало происходить когда я с SD карты на 64GB перешёл на 128GB.Сами аудио файлы занимают 80GB.Как вылечить авто переключение с папки на папку?Может телефон не вывозит карту в 128GB и сам объём музыки не вывозит CPU ?За ранее спасибо всем кто ответил.
P.s В связи с этой проблемой уже подумываю покупать аудио MP3 плеер как Sony NW-A55 например... 

• 2 weeks later...