Poweramp builds 906-911

maxmp

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, 6b6561 said:

This goes back to the "jam factory"... google is preventing apps to hide their icons, guess this is to prevent "stealth" apps.

Thanks for that information. I wonder how soon developers are going to do the same with Poweramp skins?

Thank goodness Nova Launcher still has hiding apps as an option - assuming they don't need to remove that option too.

Edited by djdarko

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2021 at 10:06 PM, Sergio Albert said:

I have a weird glitch with the app which started recently. All the album art just disappeared out of nowhere. Few songs do still have album art but most just vanished. I guess this can be fixed by clearing the app data,but this is still a bug. 

Also, if anyone knows a way to fix it without clearing app data, it would be helpful. (P.S I am on the latest version of Poweramp and on Android 9) 

Screenshot_20210829_020102_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.jpg

I have complained about this several times without any result.

The only way to get back to normal listing, is to make a full library scan in the settings.

In my situation, I guess it is has something to do with reading the huge library located at the added SDCard, resulting in a reading failure which is not caught correctly. If the phone was using the UFS format instead of the outdated eMMC there properly wouldn't be a problem.

3 hours ago, jorgensen said:

The only way to get back to normal listing, is to make a full library scan in the settings.

In my situation, I guess it is has something to do with reading the huge library located at the added SDCard, resulting in a reading failure which is not caught correctly. If the phone was using the UFS format instead of the outdated eMMC there properly wouldn't be a problem.

Not sure what “huge” means for your library, but I have 24k tracks, mostly in lossless ALAC. My uSD card is a Sandisk Extreme 512GB. I have no issues with accessing the library after the initial scan by Album, Artist, AlbumArtist, Song, Composer, etc. And all embedded artwork shows up. I have two devices, a LG G8 at Android 10 and an iBasso DX160 DAP that is way back at Android 8.1. So I can’t say that it isn’t an issue with PA that you are seeing, but there is a chance it is device related.

5 hours ago, jorgensen said:

I also have over 24,000 MP3 tracks with album art being separate folder.jpg files in each album folder on a Sumsung MicroSD card and have never seen this issue. Moto x4 / Android 9 phone.

I had to turn off auto rescan because Poweramp was constantly losing songs for no reason. So now I only run into the problem when I add new tracks and perform a rescan to find the new songs, it often loses a few dozen songs that already existed in the library. I have to perform a full rescan sometimes more than once to get the old songs back. It's random every time which songs it chooses. Sometimes I know because I have a bunch of unknown artists pop up, other times I am looking for an album days later and I can't find it anywhere, not even in folder view. I do a full rescan and it reappears. I am now keeping track of the number of songs in my library and I keep scanning after adding new songs until the right number appears.

This started happening around the time the multi artist update came through. Library is 14k+ Android 11, currently using Sony 5 II for the last few months. I was using Sony Compact 5 and it was doing the same thing.

Здравствуйте!Телефон Blackview 6800 Pro, SD Card Samsung 128GB, Android 8.0.0,Poweramp 906-911.Проблема в следующем:Хочу послушать музыку из определённой папки,и какое то время проигрываются аудио файлы из выбранной папки,затем в какой то момент папка автоматически(без моего участия)меняется на другую папку с музыкой где файлов больше.Как это вылечить?Я пробовал при сканировании библиотеки отключать ту папку на которую автоматом переключается плеер но это не помогло.Такое авто переключене с папки на папку стало происходить когда я с SD карты на 64GB перешёл на 128GB.Сами аудио файлы занимают 80GB.Как вылечить авто переключение с папки на папку?Может телефон не вывозит карту в 128GB и сам объём музыки не вывозит CPU ?За ранее спасибо всем кто ответил.
P.s В связи с этой проблемой уже подумываю покупать аудио MP3 плеер как Sony NW-A55 например... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had to wipe the app, after clean install I have strange "likes/dislikes" instead of the 5-rating of the songs. 😞

"Stars" can be returned somewhere in the settings (version: build-911-uni)?

If not, in which old version of the application they were? I am was satisfied with any version of the application over the past few years. 
Thank you)

Edited by outrate

7 hours ago, outrate said:

"Stars" can be returned somewhere in the settings (version: build-911-uni)?

Settings > Look and Feel > Player UI > Rating Type

The full 1-5 number is always available in the internal database by the way, the thumbs thing is just an alternative display option. To be honest I actually thought that 1-5 stars was the app's default view now; I think most people who use ratings prefer 1-5 to thumbs up/down (who keeps music on their phone that they don't like?).

Andre

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2021 at 11:41 AM, andrewilley said:

I think most people who use ratings prefer 1-5 to thumbs up/down (who keeps music on their phone that they don't like?).

Andre

Thanks a lot! 
As part of the discography of a group, I leave a lot of good songs.
But for personal playlists, I only prefer a few of the best ones, sorted by rating. It works for me

Happy Holidays!)

Edited by outrate

On 12/19/2021 at 8:41 AM, andrewilley said:

The full 1-5 number is always available in the internal database by the way, the thumbs thing is just an alternative display option. To be honest I actually thought that 1-5 stars was the app's default view now; I think most people who use ratings prefer 1-5 to thumbs up/down (who keeps music on their phone that they don't like?).

Andre

I do, strangely enough, as I have U.K. chart compilations (Top 100 singles/minor chart hits) covering 62 years, so in a way I keep them for reference purposes. However, I've never found the need for a rating system to remind me whether I like a song or not.

2 hours ago, Paul Heasman said:

I have U.K. chart compilations (Top 100 singles/minor chart hits) covering 62 years, so in a way I keep them for reference purposes. 

Hadn't thought of that kind of usage. That would also apply to albums where you want to keep the whole thing on your device for proper completeness, but some of the individual tracks are rubbish.

Andre