Poweramp builds 906-911

maxmp

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Unless you have a specific reason, I suspect that's serious overkill!

Andre

Yeah, current parametric EQ implementation in PEQ is all about tuning the sound with less bands. While in graphical EQ, you need more bands to tune it better.

@Bencherished you can have quite many bands, but when there are many bands they tend to overlap, thus producing quite unexpected resulting frequency response due to all the cascading and summing. For example, two band pass or peak bands close together with low Q may result in unexpected peak for the frequency somewhere between them. Due to the bell-like shape of the (band pass/peak) bands, their "skirts" can go over peak when cascaded/summed.

was that normal? in parametric equalizer, first 2 color of parametric band shown only on panning area? earlier that was the case but now it's okay. don't know what triggers to show all the colors. i tried 10 bands for testing and all of them have unique configuration.

may i suggest a priority layers of colors according that what parametric band is selected? i have 2 suggestion but either of the two will implemented if it was suited for other users preference.

1st. when band is selected the corresponding color only shows on equalizer pan area and the others band color were hide or have lower opacity than the selected likewise if no band are selected opacity off all colors are normal therefore layering each other.

2nd. custom opacity for each band color and more color selection either by hex values or tint dropper(tint cursor) for fully customized experienced.

p.s i may move this to feature request later.

This update is just amazing!! I have gotten better sound with 5 bands of parametric eq than 15 bands of graphic eq. However, after this update i have been facing a bug with the preset auto-assign. It dosent happen all the time but occasionally when i connect my earphones the parametric presets dosent change to the one i assigned for headphones. Same happens when i remove headphones, it dosent switch to the preset I assigned for speakers. Has anyone else faced this issue, or is it just me?

7 hours ago, Sergio Albert said:

This update is just amazing!! I have gotten better sound with 5 bands of parametric eq than 15 bands of graphic eq. However, after this update i have been facing a bug with the preset auto-assign. It dosent happen all the time but occasionally when i connect my earphones the parametric presets dosent change to the one i assigned for headphones. Same happens when i remove headphones, it dosent switch to the preset I assigned for speakers. Has anyone else faced this issue, or is it just me

assigned preset works well in my device

@redlith not sure what is panning area, but I can't reproduce any issues with colors not shown anywhere. Please note that band close to 0dB gain won't show anything in Frequency response area (the scroller under the bands).

@Sergio Albert please note that per-song assigned presets (those are with "S" icon) may take over device assigned ones.

@ArmActive fixed for the next build, thanks! This affects Alternative layout on wider aspect ratio screens.

16 hours ago, maxmp said:

@FluffyDiscord there were fee changes for Chromecast (those are independent mostly from Poweramp itself, as Chromecast loads a mini “app” each time which is updated independently).

Do you still have the same issue?

Yes, still the same issue. Check

the recording.

In the 909 parametric equalizer, the 'Auto Save current preset' function seems to be active all the time, regardless of switch setting on the setup page. Also the 'hold Save button to toggle auto-save' feature (on the equalizer screen) only activates auto save and will not deactivate.