Library Lost after reboot.

Don S.

Google is making it harder and harder to access the storage on your own device with every new version of Android. However it is possible to grant permission for apps to read/write information both on internal storage and SD Card, but as you can no longer simply assign access to the root level, you need to specify which folder you want PA to have access to. You must do that in PA Settings > Library > Music Folders when you first install PA.

PA's internal data cache for artwork/etc is now in Android/data/com.maxmpz.audioplayer/files/ from Android 10/11+ and you can also access that directly using most decent file explorer apps too (I use Solid Explorer for example). You cannot access the similar Android/data/ subfolders on SD Card though, they remain hidden by Android (I have no idea why!) so it's probably best not to try to move the actual app to SD Card.

If you are using Android 12, please use the latest available version of Poweramp (currently build 916).

Andre

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks 🙏 for all your help with PA library issues. I use power amp on my, phone, tablet and now in my car. The car is the only time I run into issues losing my library of 78857 tracks. 

I'm going to try to do a full scan and turn off the auto scan.  Anyore suggestions will be great.