More robust (or precise) background color picker

Go to solution Solved by maxmp,

Currently, I've fiddled with the background color options to make it looks mostly how I want it, but it seems to be very inconsistent with how it looks. I guess this is a request for a more refined color picker that is more akin to the notification shade color picker

example of really nice color pick;

20210708_173144.jpg

3 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

The colour pick is based on an averaging of the cover image.

I think that's my problem. I have the settings in such a way that if I changed them the albums that look nice in the player wouldn't look that way anymore. that's what I mean by inconsistent. I'd rather the player choose a major color from the artwork and then use a slightly darker shade of that to display as the background color instead of averaging all the colors and displaying that way. Honestly i wouldnt even mind being able to set a specific color on a per album basis. I don't know much about app development but this is basically my only hangup with Poweramp.

3 hours ago, jivemelon said:

Currently, I've fiddled with the background color options to make it looks mostly how I want it, but it seems to be very inconsistent with how it looks. I guess this is a request for a more refined color picker that is more akin to the notification shade color picker

Are you adjusting the blur setting to maximum and details setting to solid colour to achieve this? This will only yield an average of the colours in the cover art. To date a colour picker option is not available. However I would think this could be added, since this is already achieved in the notification. @maxmp Can this be added as a new background option in addition to the current album art options? It would be a great alternative for backgrounds.

10 minutes ago, MotleyG said:

Are you adjusting the blur setting to maximum and details setting to solid colour to achieve this? This will only yield an average of the colours in the cover art. To date a colour picker option is not available. However I would think this could be added, since this is already achieved in the notification. @maxmp Can this be added as a new background option in addition to the current album art options? It would be a great alternative for backgrounds.

I have maximum blur but I've kept BG details at '1' instead of '0', as the latter tends to produce less pleasing results. I also had to experiment a lot with saturation and intensity to get the results I have. I'm pretty happy with how most albums look, but there are several that are kind of jarringly off and it irks me. I think a dedicated color picker is a fantastic idea.

Not sure how picking your own specifc background colour would help? Surely a lot more covers would not match well with one given choice?

The current system was not really designed for solid colours, the fact that you can do it is merely a side-effect of setting the blur effect to maximum.

Andre

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Not sure how picking your own specifc background colour would help? Surely a lot more covers would not match well with one given choice?

The current system was not really designed for solid colours, the fact that you can do it is merely a side-effect of setting the blur effect to maximum.

Andre

The request here was to have a colour picker that would change as each cover updates, similar to how the notification updates and changes when using the colour version.

8 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Surely a lot more covers would not match well with one given choice?

Andre

When I mentioned being able to pick a color on my own, I meant on a per album basis. Sort of like a setting in the same tab as the one you use to change album artwork for a single album. Besides implementing the color picking UI, it could be as simple as a user choosing a color and a HEX value being saved in the settings or in the album folder.

I know this is sort of a niche feature and the app wasn't designed to do this but that's why I'm posting in the feature /request/ forum. obviously aesthetics aren't the most important thing to focus on but Poweramp has really grown into itself with V3 and I think this simple feature would compliment the app's visual design well.

However, being that it seems like only two people here are interested in this feature, syncing the background colour with the notification widget color picker might be the easiest option to implement. Either way, I just thought i'd throw the idea out there because I think a uniform solid color looks way better in the player than having a slightly faded version of the art as a background.