No Alblum Art displayed in Android Auto

Don S.

I have build 905-arm64-play Full version, running on a Moto G Power 2020 with Android 11 with 16570 tracks on my 512GB SD. I recently added an Android Auto receiver to my car. The Poweramp app works nearly perfectly with the unit I see album art when viewing Artist, Albums and Playlists etc but when I play my track there is no album art. I have tried setting all the relevant settings that are indicated for Album Art in Android Auto but nothing seems to work. I have tried other apps like Musicolet, YTMusic and the album art is displayed.  I love Poweramp and have been using it for years I would rather use this as it sounds the best. Please any help with this would be appreciated.

poweramp.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I have tried that both on and off. I have tried other programs Musicolet, BlackPlayer, Pulsar and they have no issue. However none are as good as Poweramp in my opinion with this exception, I would really like for this to work.

new rig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to update this as I still don't have album art. I did a full uninstall and reinstall with no effect on my getting album art in Android Auto. I guess this is an issue with Android Auto or Power Amp or Boss receiver or some combination. After trying other apps which did show album art but have too many down sides - poor audio or bad playlist creation. I have returned to PA as it is truly the best when it comes to sound and playlist creation which is my main way of listening to my music. I will just live with it hoping for some future update from Google or PA which will fix it. I am a slightly disappoint since I spend 800+ on my new car stereo which did give me much improved sound and maps etc however Power Amp and Android Auto wireless did not result in any better display information than my Bluetooth connection and stock head unit. Thanks for all your assistance.

I have a similar problem and after reporting to support twice I'm getting nowhere. 

VLC works just fine. It's a shame as Poweramp is a great well featured app. probably too many features 😕

I think it's an issue with the database sending only 1 type of coverart to the head unit. 

@DevieStee try that API compatibility option. Depending on your phone ROM it should be either enabled or disabled. Unfortunately I can’t reproduce any issues with AA album art in Poweramp, but my test environment surely differs.

Poweramp is able to push very high resolution album art, it can push it fast, close to hardware, and without extra processing, saving battery, but this fast path may be broken by device configuration/not tested well by OEMs. Thus using Restore defaults in Album art settings in Poweramp is a good start.

19 hours ago, maxmp said:

@DevieStee try that API compatibility option. Depending on your phone ROM it should be either enabled or disabled. Unfortunately I can’t reproduce any issues with AA album art in Poweramp, but my test environment surely differs.

Poweramp is able to push very high resolution album art, it can push it fast, close to hardware, and without extra processing, saving battery, but this fast path may be broken by device configuration/not tested well by OEMs. Thus using Restore defaults in Album art settings in Poweramp is a good start.

Still broken. Even after cleaning cache, moving files, the albumart is showing incorrectly - It is showing cached data from files that are no longer located in the folder. Like Don I think there is a serious bug in the way android auto is handling albumart. 

I am not sure what you mean "run Local on my phone". When not connected to the car the only thing I can do is open the Android Auto settings. I have Android 11 and need to go settings - Apps And Notification - All 106 Apps  - open Android Auto and select - advanced - additional settings in app to open settings. I have no Android Auto Icon in my Apps from launcher.  When I am connected to the car the Album Art is displayed on my phone as it always has been since I first started using Power Amp, just not on the car receiver.

40 minutes ago, Don S. said:

I am not sure what you mean "run Local on my phone". When not connected to the car the only thing I can do is open the Android Auto settings. I have Android 11 and need to go settings - Apps And Notification - All 106 Apps  - open Android Auto and select - advanced - additional settings in app to open settings. I have no Android Auto Icon in my Apps from launcher.  When I am connected to the car the Album Art is displayed on my phone as it always has been since I first started using Power Amp, just not on the car receiver.

You can install the Android Auto app on your phone, it will run just like AA on a separate device, but use the phone display.

If you have already installed the Android Auto app from the Play Store onto your phone, just launch it (with no connection to the car) and you should see the phone-based version of its interface. The headphones icon bottom-right launches your local audio player - such as Poweramp, or you can select if you have more than one - within the same sort of simplified car-friendly interface.

image.png

image.png   image.png  

(the above is on Android 11 on a Galaxy A70 phone. Works in landscape too, but doesn't look as good on such a tall phone)

Andre