Poweramp Equalizer builds 899-908

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

The above Settings switch unhides the MusicFX Button on the EQ screen's 'Volume' tab. You then need to turn the actual mode on with that button on as well.

image.png

Andre

Holy cow...you sir rock!  That was exactly what I needed to know to apply the eq settings.  I did not realize it was a 2-step process and now it is working the way I was hoping it would.  Thank you very much!

11 hours ago, maxmp said:

@andrewilley @jschill31 right, tested on Pixel6 and it indeed works with Poweramp. Poweramp specifically requires extra steps to enable any separate equalizer as such equalization does more harm than good for Poweramp, so this is only for users who know what they're doing.

Could you please add the stereo expand feature for Poweramp Equalizer app too please?

On 1/24/2022 at 8:57 AM, Arlaor said:

Hi @andrewilley @maxmp

When I listen to music from Deezer via Chromecast, the Poweramp Equalizer does not work. How can I enable it to work on Chromecast?

I can use Poweramp player with Chromecast and its internal equalizer also works on Chromecast, but Poweramp Equalizer does not modify the audio sent via Chromecast

hello. Where can I find information about it?

@Arlaor it’s not possible to change audio “sent to Chromecast”, as Chromecast usually gets content from the Internet and your phone is just a remote control - no audio processing is happening on the phone.

(This is not the case for apps streaming local files, but that streaming is not exposed anywhere for the processing.)

Just dropping a note to say how amazing this is. Being able to just import the AutoEQ configs and assign to a given output is fantastic. I listen without my EQs and I'm now amazed at how muddy my old HD 280's sound whereas they're "perfectly adequate" with it enabled and a perfectly serviceable alternative to my PM-3's if they're not handy.

Thanks Max!

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2022 at 1:08 PM, maxmp said:

@Arlaor it’s not possible to change audio “sent to Chromecast”, as Chromecast usually gets content from the Internet and your phone is just a remote control - no audio processing is happening on the phone.

(This is not the case for apps streaming local files, but that streaming is not exposed anywhere for the processing.)

@maxmp How is the operation of Chromecast in Poweramp player, where the equalizer works, when sending audio Via Chromecast?

On 2/4/2022 at 1:08 PM, maxmp said:

This was already answered. Chrome cast audio from web sources cannot be processed by Poweramp DSP. The files are not handled locally by your phone, just directed as a control point from the stream source to your Chromecast device.

• 1 month later...

My PEQ import keeps failing, but I can't figure out why? Is it formatted incorrectly?

Preamp: -8 dB
Filter 1: ON LS Fc 50 Hz Gain 4.1 dB Q
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 150 Hz Gain -3. dB Q .8
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 505 Hz Gain -1.2 dB Q .8
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 1800 Hz Gain 5.2 dB Q 1.48
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 2200 Hz Gain -2.5 dB Q 1.85
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 3000 Hz Gain 2.7 dB Q 4.15
Filter 7: ON PK Fc 3500 Hz Gain 7.0 dB Q 2.75
Filter 8: ON PK Fc 4600 Hz Gain -1.7 dB Q 3
Filter 9: ON PK Fc 5600 Hz Gain -8.0 dB Q 1.42
Filter 10: ON PK Fc 8500 Hz Gain 8.2dB Q .8