Poweramp Equalizer builds 899-908

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

What features have you requested that have not been added as yet?

Andre

No but I was awaiting for new features and improvement for audio in DVC and some more advanced player tracking support for other apps like firefox, etc.

16 minutes ago, Bargunan said:

more advanced player tracking support for other apps like firefox, etc.

If the ADB permssions procedure doesn't help, that's then down to the others apps to allow their audio streams to be accessed and modified. PA-EQ doesn't exclude anything itself.

Andre

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

@andrewilley I would add that Poweramp equalizer still tries to equalize player apps, as equalizing all apps make no sense. Player app (here) is the app which show some sort of playback notification.

Yes, please. I'm already playing a movie on Firefox and Poweramp Equalizer doesn't recognize it, I need more sound for speaker (preamp) and best sound on earphones (equalizer) to my in-ear 

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Have you tried using Chrome? Perhaps that is notifying itself as a media playing app?

Andre

Couldn't you understand? Chrome is now being not much recommend and people are using other  ad-free light friendly browsers like firefox,etc.

40 minutes ago, Bargunan said:

people are using other  ad-free light friendly browsers like firefox,etc.

Then they may not get audio equalized with these better browsers - which is absolutely fine if they prefer that over having EQ options of course. Personally (for what it's worth) I now pretty much universally use Chrome across multiple platforms, mostly with adblockers. And my own computer usage goes way back to the late 70s, predating any sort of HTML viewers at all as they wouldn't have been much use on a 110baud teletype with punched-tape reader :) , so I've seen tons of browsers come and go over the years.

Andre

@Peter Cuevas As Max said earlier, only apps which advertise themselves to the system as providing media playback will be equalized. I wonder if Firefox, and games like CoD, might not be doing that? I'd have to defer to Max's knowledge on that though, I'm certainly not an expert on the inner workings of Android's media routing.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

As I understand this work of art won't be working on Android 8?

I like new EQ in Poweramp very much - finally I can add some mass to my Oriolus Forsteni and bass sounds deepper and more in quantity without distortions and effects on higher fqs.
And I'd love to use to get the same sound with TIdal's app.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @andrewilley @maxmp

When I listen to music from Deezer via Chromecast, the Poweramp Equalizer does not work. How can I enable it to work on Chromecast?

I can use Poweramp player with Chromecast and its internal equalizer also works on Chromecast, but Poweramp Equalizer does not modify the audio sent via Chromecast

Edited by Arlaor

Hello,

I have Poweramp EQ and love it very much for use with Android Auto music control (version 908004).  I am not sure why but I am just not able to get your Poweramp to be a recognized player.  I have spent many hours using an RTA to fine tune the curve in my car and really do not want to import/export.  I have Poweramp EQ set to global and it works with everything I use...except your other app.  I have FX enabled on Poweramp (version 925004) but it never shows up so that I can activate as a know player.  I want to support your work as the EQ app is the best I have found but the instructions are nearly a year old and will not work on my Pixel6 with Android12.  I have completed all of the other steps and all other apps show up including VLC but it freaks out when track advancing on m4v's.  I am very versed with Android and have no issues using adb if needed but I just can't get it working on either my Pixel6 or my Pixel6PRO.  I will gladly pay for the full player once I can confirm it can be tuned via the eq app like others have indicated.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, maxmp said:

@jschill31 Poweramp won’t be automatically recognized as it requires additional configuration - disabling DVC and other DSPs (such as Eq/tone) to work with Equalizer.

Not to mention Poweramp advanced outputs (e.g.. hi-res), and few other features which won’t work with Equalizer.

Hello, all have been disabled and were when I sent you the note.  Your specific wording on the Known Players page is as follows: "Poweramp player can be enabled with the MusicFX option and by disabling DVC in the Poweramp app".  This has been done.  It's cool if it will just not work, I figured there was an issue with the Tensor chip as it is throwing flags in the Poweramp app. As you can see by the screen shots all items mentioned have been disabled and the EQ app is clearly working on everything else.  If it just does not work with the new Pixel devices that is not a big deal I just would prefer to make it work if possible.  It is just easier to have all of my settings in one app and your music player is the best when it comes to Android Auto usage.

Cheer

Screenshot_20220203-094103[1].png

Screenshot_20220203-093621[1].png

Screenshot_20220203-093638[1].png

Screenshot_20220203-093745[1].png

Screenshot_20220203-093908[1].png

Screenshot_20220203-094153[1].png