Poweramp Equalizer builds 899-908

3 hours ago, reverbel said:

Hello,

I am a user of the Poweramp Player app. I installed Poweramp Equalizer build-908-arm64-play to use it with the Poweramp Player app, while the parametric equalizer is not ported to the player app. 

The parametric equalizer looks very good! @maxmp: Thanks for your great work! I have already purchased the premium version of the EQ app, in order to support further development. 

The EQ app works fine with YouTube Music on my phone. However, I was not able to make it work with the Poweramp Player app.

The player and EQ  apps are running on a Samsung Galaxy S10+ with Android 11. I have already disabled DVC and enabled MusicFX in Poweramp Player, granted DUMP and Notification Listener permissions to Poweramp EQ, turned on the experimental "Enable Player Tracking" feature of the EQ app, and turned on "Disable absolute volume" under "Default USB configuration" in Android Developer options. Is there something else I should do?

Thanks!

I had tried the same.

It also requires for you to enable MusicFX on volume/tempo/balance tab in PA Player.

And thanks, I get now how to using PA Eq's compressor in PA Player. I hope - the solution 'll be temporal.

Edited by Aller2TeaM

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Help.

I am a long time Poweramp user and know my way around (some of it!)

I feel that I have missed something ?(Maybe?)

I have installed Poweramp Equalizer build-908. (From the website apk sideload, and from google play, same affect)

Done the ADB stuff, and have all the correct settings. The EQ and the audio processor works, using Vradio and BBC sounds (only 2 I have tried so far, from what I have installed).

However, I cannot get Poweramp to work. It wont appear in Known Players, and thus wont pass audio through ...

I have turned DVC off in the player, and have turned MusicFX on in the player.

Rebooted a few times

I got so fed up, I uninstalled PA, Deleted all my user settings, and reinstalled. Still not working (properly!)

I do get some strange audio artifacts if I push the 'Limit' button on the effects but no EQ function, and no listing in Known Players.

Any help, or ideas? or maybe my hardware is just gonna say no?

Huawei mate10, android 10. 

Thanks

Yous...

11 minutes ago, Yous s said:

I have turned DVC off in the player, and have turned MusicFX on in the player.

You need to enable the Music FX option in the Settings > Audio > Advance Tweaks menu, and then also activate it on in the second page of the EQ (to the left of the volume knob).

Andre

Update...

Went to bed.

Got up (late)

Plugged phone into car,  Started PA.. Working.

I have no idea wot changed, (Apart from another reboot).

Thanks for the replies, Thanks for the great addition to the best program I have had on my phone(s) for maybe 8 years +

Yous.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Arlaor said:

How can I disable the visualizatio

The Button in settings does not hide it at any time. 

First you can enable or disable the entire feature with PA-EQ > Settings  > Visualization > Visualization on Main Screen. While the system is enabled, you can turn the patterns on or off temporarily using the Visualization toggle icon which appears below the Equ and Limit buttons.

Andre

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Primero puede habilitar o deshabilitar toda la función con PA-EQ> Configuración> Visualización> Visualización en la pantalla principal. Mientras el sistema está habilitado, puede activar o desactivar los patrones temporalmente usando el icono de alternancia de visualización que aparece debajo de los botones Equ y Limit.

Andrés

Hi @andrewilley Un the image attached you can see that the toggle icon does not appear below equ and limit and the display on the main screen is uninhabited, the display is still showingScreenshot_2021-08-18-23-48-57-314_com.maxmpz.equalizer.thumb.jpg.d4f460620bf0e3d33cf71d257bd18718.jpg

23 minutes ago, Arlaor said:

In the image attachedou can see that the toggle icon does not appear below equ and limit and the display on the main screen is uninhabited, the display is still showing

You need to enable Visualizations via PA-EQ > Settings  > Visualization > Visualization on Main Screen before the icon will show.

image.png

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

You need to enable Visualizations via PA-EQ > Settings  > Visualization > Visualization on Main Screen before the icon will show.

image.png

Andre

I activate the visualization and return to the main screen and it does not show as in your image, but when returning to settings / visualization I observe that it has been automatically deactivated

55 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@Arlaor I guess this may happen if you have visualization previously enabled, then permission is revoked. Settings / Visualization can be toggled off/on to request the permission. 

How can I revoke the prior permission? If trying to turn it off from settings / visualization it is already off, but it continues executing the visualization?

Hi @andrewilley @maxmp 

I want to use the Poweramp equalizer on my FIIO m6 player, but the armeabi-v7a 32bit version that is normally compatible with this player (other applications), does not allow it to be installed.
I have used Poweramp in my player and I have not had a problem, but with Poweramp equalizer it does not allow the installation. Any suggestions to be able to install it?

7 minutes ago, Arlaor said:

Hi @andrewilley @maxmp 

I want to use the Poweramp equalizer on my FIIO m6 player, but the armeabi-v7a 32bit version that is normally compatible with this player (other applications), does not allow it to be installed.
I have used Poweramp in my player and I have not had a problem, but with Poweramp equalizer it does not allow the installation. Any suggestions to be able to install it?

Seeing the minimum version of android on which Poweramp player is built, the version is 5+ and this is supported by the FIIO m6 and the apk of Poweramp equalizer starts in android version 9+ and this must be why it is not supported . Can the creator of the application extend android support up to version 5?

4 hours ago, Arlaor said:

Hi @andrewilley @maxmp 

The Fiio M6 is a DAP, why not just use the Poweramp player? There aren’t too many other reasons to have the EQ app instead.

6 hours ago, Arlaor said:

Hi @MotleyG I use deezer on the fiio m6 and I wish I could improve the sound of this application.

Unfortunately this isn’t possible with the M6. It runs on a customized version of Android 7 which doesn’t have the required system function support as advised by @andrewilley earlier. I don’t think it has the processing power required for the parametric, plus running the third party app as well.

1 hour ago, MotleyG said:

Unfortunately this isn’t possible with the M6. It runs on a customized version of Android 7 which doesn’t have the required system function support as advised by @andrewilley earlier. I don’t think it has the processing power required for the parametric, plus running the third party app as well.

Thanks @MotleyG

On 7/27/2021 at 8:48 PM, maxmp said:

@Backsilent99 autosave enabled as any sudden preset change, manual of automatic, will otherwise drop all your changes, and parametric mode requires a lot of manual work you don’t want to loose.

I really like this app, but I find the autosave to be annoying, if I want to slightly change a preset, and save it as another preset, now I have first to clone the preset, and then modify it. I would prefer autosave to be disabled, or having an option to enable or disable it.

59 minutes ago, Catta said:

I really like this app, but I find the autosave to be annoying, if I want to slightly change a preset, and save it as another preset, now I have first to clone the preset, and then modify it. I would prefer autosave to be disabled, or having an option to enable or disable it.

@Backsilent99 @Catta

Settings>equalizer>automatic save / disable doesn't work for you?

Edited by Arlaor