Does anyone know how to import song ratings from DoubleTwist? Trying to migrate to Poweramp but can't get it to work.

thepants

I've been using the Doubletwist android app for a few years now but decided to migrate due to a bunch of small inconveniences. 

My playlists have migrated over okay but I can't seem to get my song ratings to carry over. Does anyone know how to go about this?

Where does Double Twist store ratings, in the audio files or in a database like Poweramp does?

If it embeds them directly into the audio files (e.g. using the POPM tag inside MP3 files) then an app called New Playlist Manager should be able to read the files and transfer any ratings into Poweramp's internal music database.

Andre

According to https://www.doubletwist.com/help/question/how-do-i-reset-the-library-database/ , although it is database-driven, local songs rated within the doubleTwist Player app do appear to have the ratings written back to MP3/M4A files, so New Playlist Manager should be able to read them for you.

The two tag editors that I've checked don't seem to support displaying or editing ratings tags, so it's hard to tell if the embedded data is there or not. Something like Exiftool would show them though.

Andre

I just found that TagScanner does actually support the 'Rating' tag (I thought it was an odd omission if it didn't). If present, the value is shown in the Advanced tab, or it can be included in the main tab's Extended group if you wish. It was just that none of the songs in my music collection had the tag present, hence it wasn't shown.

Andre