Jump to content

Unlocker won't start downloading after payment is processed


Go to solution Solved by Strangerontheinternet,

Recommended Posts

I tried to download the unlocker from the playstore and pay with Gpay which is linked to my bank account, after the payment was processed through Gpay the unlocker app did not start downloading, Even though I got a message from my bank that money has been debited. So i tried the process once again and it still didnt work and the app did not start downloading. So this way i have paid twice the price of the app. I have transaction receipts within Gpay and also from my bank as proof of this happening. I also am not using a rooted phone or phone with custom rom on it

 

Things i have already tried doing but didn't work:-

1)Clearing Cache and data of the play store app.

2) re logining my google account on the play store.

The unlocker also doesnt not show up in the recently downloaded apps section of manage apps page of the play store.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a problem with your Play Store then, as you've done all the obvious things. Might be worth checking to see if they have actually debited the money from your bank though, rather than just authorising it. Payment transfers often occur overnight, but if their transaction did not fully complete then there could be a hanging 'phantom' authorisation which may never get settled (which will then expire off your bank account after a bit).

Check your Google Account Order History to see if they have actually taken the order: https://play.google.com/store/account/orderhistory

Andre

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

There is a problem with your Play Store then, as you've done all the obvious things. Might be worth checking to see if they have actually debited the money from your bank though, rather than just authorising it. Payment transfers often occur overnight, but if their transaction did not fully complete then there could be a hanging 'phantom' authorisation which may never get settled (which will then expire off your bank account after a bit).

Check your Google Account Order History to see if they have actually taken the order: https://play.google.com/store/account/orderhistory

Andre

Thanks for quick reply.

I just checked my Gpay transaction history and it seems my account was credited with the exact amount i paid for the app. Was this done from the devs side?

Also I would like to purchase the app from the non google pay method as the google play method doesnt seem to be working. 

Also the unlocker doesn't show up in my google account order history.

Edited by Strangerontheinternet
edit
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You said you attempted to purchase twice. The refund might be for the second attempt (which should happen automatically in such accidental extra payment cases). I would suggest leaving it for 24 hours anyway, as sometimes the Google process can get clogged up.

You can purchase from the website too, however remember that will be a single device licence. You can move it to another device later, but doing so will revoke the licence on the original device.

Andre

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

You said you attempted to purchase twice. The refund might be for the second attempt (which should happen automatically in such accidental extra payment cases). I would suggest leaving it for 24 hours anyway, as sometimes the Google process can get clogged up.

You can purchase from the website too, however remember that will be a single device licence. You can move it to another device later, but doing so will revoke the licence on the original device.

Andre

No, the refund was actually for both the attempts. 

Okay i'll wait for a day.

i'll see if i should download from the website.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

@Strangerontheinternet So did you see two separate refunds, or one refund for twice the value of a single purchase? If both have been refunded, neither purchase has gone through anyway.

Andre

Yes I saw two separate refunds.

I tried once again today but the same happened. The purchase didn't went through.

I don't think I can purchase from the site. The price is 5x the price on play store

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The price on the website and the play store are the same for me at the moment (£4.50). The website payment system automatically adds any appropriate local sales taxes though (20% for me in the UK) so the final payment would come to £5.41. There are sometimes discounts and different pricing schemes in specific Play Store regions though.

I don't known why Google is rejecting your payments, have you raised it as an issue with them? You could try emailing PA support too, in case there is some kind of local issue in your region that they are aware of ( poweramp.maxmpz [at] gmail.com ), as it's not possible to discuss individual account and payment issues in open forums.

Andre

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/24/2021 at 1:19 PM, andrewilley said:

The price on the website and the play store are the same for me at the moment (£4.50). The website payment system automatically adds any appropriate local sales taxes though (20% for me in the UK) so the final payment would come to £5.41. There are sometimes discounts and different pricing schemes in specific Play Store regions though.

I don't known why Google is rejecting your payments, have you raised it as an issue with them? You could try emailing PA support too, in case there is some kind of local issue in your region that they are aware of ( Poweramp.maxmpz [at] gmail.com ), as it's not possible to discuss individual account and payment issues in open forums.

Andre

Ok i see.

I'll mail both google and PA support about this.

About the pricing - I live in India. That is why the app is cheaper on play store for me.

Thanks.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey just so you know Google and your bank/card provider actually process the payment info, app developers don't. Once you click purchase/buy and you make a payment, let it load and don't process any button, Google Play will start installing it automatically. After that purchase is verified/accepted by Google Play, you'll get an email with information on what you purchased and how much you've paid, along with the order id. In case something goes wrong you can use that order id with relevant information to contact Google.

And by the way, if you have already purchased an item/app, trying to repurchase it would result in an error, not proceeding to payment again. And oh, after requesting a refund via Google Play, you would get an email when the refund is processed.

The problem you have is unusual though, so probably raise an issue with Google Play as Andre suggested.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Solution
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, John Titor said:

Once you click purchase/buy and you make a payment, let it load and don't process any button, Google Play will start installing it automatically. After that purchase is verified/accepted by Google Play, you'll get an email with information on what you purchased and how much you've paid, along with the order id

I have let it load. did not press any button at all. Google play doesn't start installing it automatically that is the problem. I did not get any email for all the 5 times i have tried. 

Edit:- I just used my friend's credit card to buy the app. 

Thanks anyway @andrewilley & @John Titor

Should i mark this as solution?

Edited by Strangerontheinternet
edit
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...