Poweramp stops playing when screen turns off

hi! i have Poweramp v2 installed on my old lg e400 (android 2.3.6) and i have this problem that whenever the screen turns off it stops playing. i noticed that if i press play and then switch off the screen (which stops the music) and then straight away turn on the screen again, press play and turn the screen off again then it doesn't stop playing, i don't know why that is... Does anyone have any fixes?

Then something in your device is denying PA enough CPU time to run when the device goes to sleep. I have no idea where you check for battery optimisations in Gingerbread though, my oldest device is Android 4.3 (a Galaxy S3, released about the same time as yours as it happens, which only has a few global power saving options).

Andre

It doesn't seem to be that its denying PA enough CPU time to run when the device goes to sleep coz if i make Poweramp play from widget it doesn't stop the music but if ive used Poweramp (from app, not widget) in the past minute then even if i start playing from widget it stops when i switch off screen so it seems as if the problem is coming from Poweramp itself, not it being stopped by the phone.