Android Auto Shuffle Button Broken

hdlineage

In Android auto mode, the shuffle button at the top of the playlist does not actually shuffle the current playlist. It shuffles the first playlist instead. The only way I can get Poweramp to shuffle the playlist I want is through using the phone.

Poweramp Version: build-905-arm64-play Full version

Phone: google pixel 4a 5G

Android version: 11

Step to reproduce:

1. Create more than 1 playlists

2. Connect android auto

3. Shuffle any playlist other than the first one

4. Poweramp shuffle the first playlist instead.

Actually this seems to happen with Android Auto in any Category - Albums, Artists, Folders, Playlists, etc.

@maxmp If you go into any category in AA, and tap the Shuffle button at the top of the songs list, PA starts shuffling the first group object in that Category rather than the currently viewed one.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Just chiming in about the issue. This is happening systematically when using Build 895-905 in Android Auto only.

The Shuffle button behavior acts as expected in normal mode (not Android Auto) but as others have explained, the shuffle button does not shuffle the folder you are in (I'm most exclusively using the Folder Hierarchy mode when in my car) but music from other

Thanks in advance!

Stéphane

• 2 weeks later...

I came here to post this.

Broken for me, too.

On my phone, I have \\Music\A to Z and \\Music\Singles.

In Poweramp > Folder hierarchy, whether I tap Shuffle within \\Music or \\Music\Singles, it appears to only shuffle songs within \\Music\A to Z only.

31 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Set the Shuffle on your phone before you set off and it works fine.

I guess you shouldn't really be selecting anything from text lists while driving anyway.

[Edit] I've just checked the latest build (909) and it's now fixed.

Andre

I currently have build 905 and there are no updates on the Play Store.

I'll wait for it to appear :)

It's working for me in 909. If you want all songs from all sub-folders shuffled together as one big group, make sure you have PA Settings > Library > Lists > 'Shuffle All Songs in Folder Hierarchy' enabled. Otherwise you'll hear one folder shuffled completely, then PA will move on to another folder and play its contents shuffled, etc.

One slight difference between direct app playback vs. Android Auto embedded playback seems to be that for folder-based mode, in the direct app it picks a subfolder at random and then plays all of its contents shuffled, then chooses another random subfolder, etc. Whereas in Android Auto, the subfolder choices are navigated through in ascending order, with the contents of each of those subfolders shuffled.

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

It's working for me in 909. If you want all songs from all sub-folders shuffled together as one big group, make sure you have PA Settings > Library > Lists > 'Shuffle All Songs in Folder Hierarchy' enabled. Otherwise you'll hear one folder shuffled completely, then PA will move on to another folder and play its contents shuffled, etc.

One slight difference between direct app playback vs. Android Auto embedded playback seems to be that for folder-based mode, in the direct app it picks a subfolder at random and then plays all of its contents shuffled, then chooses another random subfolder, etc. Whereas in Android Auto, the subfolder choices are navigated through in ascending order, with the contents of each of those subfolders shuffled.

Andre

'Shuffle All Songs in Folder Hierarchy' is already enabled.

I'll have a mess about next time I'm in the car :)

3 hours ago, King Mustard said:

'Shuffle All Songs in Folder Hierarchy' is already enabled.

Then if you tap the Shuffle link at the top of a list of subfolders and/or songs in AA, you should hear all of the contents - including all of the stuff in subfolders - in completely random order (song by song, with no folder structure). 

Andre