Add option to make m3u files read only

ToG

I'd really like to avoid accidentally altering my m3u files in Poweramp. Any editing I do is through Poweramp native playlists, which I then export to m3u.

This feature will avoid altering my relative path lists, among other complications.

Please consider adding this feature. It would save me a lot of extra effort in regularly fixing accidental complications to my cloud synced playlists that I use across my phone & my 2 PC's.

Edited by ToG

9 hours ago, ToG said:

I'd really like to avoid accidentally altering my m3u files in Poweramp. Any editing I do is through Poweramp native playlists, which I then export to m3u.

What action are you doing that is changing your playlists? You either have to long press and select to add tracks to a playlist that you choose, or long press and choose to remove a track from an existing playlist. There are no other actions to change a playlist otherwise. Poweramp doesn’t arbitrarily change playlists, or any other data for that matter.

8 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Also long-pressing on a song to move it up or down in a list, or Re-Sorting it.

I suggested in the other thread to try making the files read-only? (Might need to do that on a PC, Android's chmod/etc file management is crap)

Andre

But these are all long press actions with additional deliberate interactions to confirm. I don’t see how these can be accidentally applied.