Poweramp uses incorrect cover art for album with same title as another album by different artist

void
Go to solution Solved by MotleyG,

Poweramp version: build-905-arm64-play
Device: Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F)
Android version: 10

Steps: I had an album by artist Katharsis with album name "666" already in the Poweramp library:

Screenshot-20210614-095636-Poweramp.jpg

Added a new album by artist KAT that also have the album title, "666". When using artist view and entering entry for KAT, the artwork that is displayed in the album list is the artwork for Katharsis' 666 and not KAT's 666:

Screenshot-20210614-095628-Poweramp.jpg

When playing music from KAT's 666, the correct artwork is displayed, but when going back to the "track list view" for current album, the incorrect album is displayed at the top:

Screenshot-20210614-103701-Poweramp.jpg

I've tried picking the correct image from gallery several times but it just won't change, so not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it is a bug. Not the biggest thing, but thought I'd report it anyway.

Edited by void

• Solution
43 minutes ago, void said:

Poweramp version: build-905-arm64-play
Device: Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F)
Android version: 10

Steps: I had an album by artist Katharsis with album name "666" already in the Poweramp library:

Screenshot-20210614-095636-Poweramp.jpg

Added a new album by artist KAT that also have the album title, "666". When using artist view and entering entry for KAT, the artwork that is displayed in the album list is the artwork for Katharsis' 666 and not KAT's 666:

Screenshot-20210614-095628-Poweramp.jpg

When playing music from KAT's 666, the correct artwork is displayed, but when going back to the "track list view" for current album, the incorrect album is displayed at the top:

Screenshot-20210614-103701-Poweramp.jpg

I've tried picking the correct image from gallery several times but it just won't change, so not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it is a bug. Not the biggest thing, but thought I'd report it anyway.

Do you have the AlbumArtist tags completed for all tracks in both Albums? That is what is used for differentiating the two. This is different than the Artist tag.

1 hour ago, MotleyG said:

Do you have the AlbumArtist tags completed for all tracks in both Albums? That is what is used for differentiating the two. This is different than the Artist tag.

Thanks for the suggestion; I added the tag for the tracks and then Poweramp updated the library and changed to the correct artwork! Learning something new every day..!

Edited by void