Album arts move to new phone fail

Carst3n

Hi, 

I have a new phone so I had to move all my music (on SD card) from old phone to new phone. No problem with this, all songs were found. I also transfered the com.maxmpz.audioplayer folder to the new internal storage but no graphic is shown anymore. I also tried a re-scan but nothing would work. What did I do wrong? Problem is that I have almost 1, 300 folders containing almost 14,000 songs with all the album covers and band logos. I hope you will help me, thanxx a lot!!! 

31 minutes ago, Carst3n said:

Hi, 

I have a new phone so I had to move all my music (on SD card) from old phone to new phone. No problem with this, all songs were found. I also transfered the com.maxmpz.audioplayer folder to the new internal storage but no graphic is shown anymore. I also tried a re-scan but nothing would work. What did I do wrong? Problem is that I have almost 1, 300 folders containing almost 14,000 songs with all the album covers and band logos. I hope you will help me, thanxx a lot!!! 

Are the covers embedded in the music files, or separate in the folders? Or were these album and artist images downloaded by Poweramp in the past?

Poweramp caches its downloaded artwork on internal device storage, in the folder Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/

On more recent Android versions (definitely for Android 11, and sometimes 10 too) it's in Android/data/com.maxmpz.audioplayer/files/ (without the underscore).

Auto-downloaded images are saved as JPGs in the album_art folder at that location, while manually selected images are in the selected_aa folder. Find the relevant populated folders and copy the contents to the same folder names on new device (if it's Android 11, it's the path without the underscore that you'll need to copy to). You can do the same for Artists, Playlists, etc.

Then exit/stop PA (or just reboot) and launch it again. This ought to work, although obviously it's not guaranteed as there is not an official procedure for copying cover art caches between Poweramp installations.

Andre

Thanx for your answer Andre, but I exactly did this. And if I remember right, it also worked in the past when I changed my phone the last time 2,5 years ago. I just put the card in the new phone, copied the whole folder from old Android 11 to new Android 11 but not one single graphic is shown in the new installation. But ok, as you wrote it seems to be not guaranteed. Or maybe it's the mistake that I did a complete new scan in the options because of my desperation? 

@Carst3n Cover artwork is not stored on SD Card at all - even though there are similar folder names there. It's on internal device memory. If you open the Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/album_art/ folder on internal memory in a modern spec file explorer app (or in Android/data/com.maxmpz.audioplayer/files/album_art/ depending on the Android version) you should see hundreds of JPG files in the format "Artist - Album.jpg" and/or "Artist - Title.jpg" containing the cached downloaded images Those files are what you need to copy to the Android/data/com.maxmpz.audioplayer/files/album_art folder on your new Android 11 device.

Andre

Yes, I know and I did so. It's some hundred MB big. Should I copy just these paticular folders with album arts and the other within the band logos and not the whole com.maxmpz.audioplayer? And yes, it's the internal memory and not on my SD card. Thanx for your patience! 

Just copy the original contents of the album_art subfolder on your old device internal storage (lots of JPG files) into the same subfolder on your new device. PA will have already created the folder and subfolder structure on first installation/run, don't make your own versions if it hasn't yet done that. On Android 11, the new destination subfolders should normally be located in Android/data/com.maxmpz.audioplayer/files/ in internal storage.

Andre

Thanx Andre! The problem was that I copied the whole folder to the new phone. Solution was to just copy these 2 selected folders into the newly created "com.maxmpz.audioplayer" folder. Finally the best player in the world works fine again! Thank you very much! 

Carsten