Audio seem to be "stuttering" (not really but I don't know the proper word) when I turn down the volume. Which setting affect this?

monkeybutt
Go to solution Solved by monkeybutt,

Whenever i turn the volume down, it's not lowering "smoothly" but with steps and noticeable "stutter" (audio still there). I think I tweaked this before, but I forgot which setting is it after reinstall lol. It happens on all output devices (speaker, wired headphones, and bluetooth wireless headphone--mine is Redmi Airdots).

19 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Do you mean Settings > Audio > Advanced Tweaks > Volume Levels ?

Andre

isn't volume levels just change audio volume? I'm changing the volume with volume buttons.

17 hours ago, John Titor said:

You using AAudio output by any chance? That output is kinda bugged

where's that setting?

28 minutes ago, monkeybutt said:

isn't volume levels just change audio volume? I'm changing the volume with volume buttons.

No, the volume stepping granularity levels are valid when you press the hardware volume buttons too. Sounds like that wasn't the issue anyway though. 

Andre

• 1 month later...

So I do A LOT of tweaking on Poweramp (which I absolutely love BTW, there's absolutely nothing like it out there), and I had trouble with the playback stuttering and hiccoughing. I found that I was messing with something without actually knowing what it did. Try going to Settings > Equalizer > Compressor > Noise Gate. Reset that back to -90.0 dB. It was causing my audio to sound very, very odd. Hopefully that little rid bit helps anyone else who experiences the same problem.

Btw, back before my 2017 Moto G7 Power went kaput, I had the premium version of the Poweramp. Absolutely loved it, and even though I am stuck with an LG L322DL "aka Journey," which is a total piece of horse pucky, but I've managed to (SOMETIMES!) get Amazon Music to play through Poweramp without granting DUMP permission. I've noticed y'all mention these other Music apps, but never Amazon Music. Weird. But I have found that it helps to Activate Music FX in Poweramp and then activate Poweramp Equalizer and listen to your music through PA Equalizer. Works for me, though it takes a minute or two for it to work.

Enjoy!

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/05/2021 at 09:02, andrewilley said:

Não, os níveis de granularidade de aumento de volume são válidos quando você pressiona os botões de volume do hardware também. Mas parece que esse não era o problema. 

Andre

Eu tenho o Poweramp Player Premium e o DVC fica estalando quando eu o aumento com os botões do volume. O que fazer?

Compilação do Poweramp: Build 905 arm 32play

Versão do Android: 10

Aparelho: LG K12 Prime(LM-X525BAW)