Genre request

TiNNiT

Hello,

Most of the time I listen to music while driving my daily route to work and back. Operating your phone while driving is not recommandable, so anything you do should be without to much hassle.

When I want to listen to some music, I usually do this by choosing the genre (which reflects more or less the mood I'm in;-), then the album, then select the entire album for playing or a specific song within that album.

Here's my problem:

I have 200+ albums on my sdcards, containing 2500+ songs, all tagged with genre. When going in through genre, it shows all songs in that genre. Since some genres contain hundreds of songs, it is almost impossible to scroll through, especially when driving.

Would it be possible to have an option to choose whether you want a list of the albums (and then songs) or just songs when entering your library via genre?

Btw: I also noticed that the slider on the right, does not indicate the alphabet letter, when scrolling through the song list in a genre.

Regards,

TiNNiT

Thank you for the request.

While it may be possible to add this as an option, an album songs can be any genre.

What will you expect from this new Genre -> Albums list: should it show just Genre-matching songs in the albums? Should it show (and play) whole album even if there is one song matching the genre?

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply, was a bit busy the last few weeks.

In my experience the genre of an album applies in most cases to all songs of that album.

Only in a few compilation albums the genre can differ per song, but usually those compilations form a genre on itself (80's, 90's etc)

The most important feature for me would be the possibility to select an entire album within a genre.

Regards,

• 11 months later...

Thank you for the request.

While it may be possible to add this as an option, an album songs can be any genre.

What will you expect from this new Genre -> Albums list: should it show just Genre-matching songs in the albums? Should it show (and play) whole album even if there is one song matching the genre?

In the case of an album with either multiple genres or multiple artists (navigated from an artist menu, there's no one "right" action). You should be given a choice (way of selecting) either the entire album or just the songs matching the way you got there.

Archived