Autostart in car headunit

Miro

The app autostarts once the car headunit is turned on,although both features of resume on Bluetooth and resume on wired are disabled. I have the latest version full installed. 

Edited by Miro
Wrong title

The headunit is most likely sending a MEDIA_PLAY or MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE command. Have a look in PA Settings > Headset/Bluetooth > Last Processed Commands to see what events it has issued. PA ignores commands for a second or so after initial BT connection, but after then it will correctly respond to any commands issued.

Andre

I had a look on the last processed commands after this event happened again and found it empty.. is there anything else I can do? Do you this is something that can be raised to the technical team to tune this in the next update?

Keep service is off.

I am not sure I understand the first part of your question.. Poweramp is the only app that pops us once my headunit is started, I'm not sure how to check if there are other apps running on BT connection, but at least none opens up automatically in full screen like Poweramp. I also don't have other BT devices to experiment this on, I have Poweramp also installed on my phone, which I turn the BT on when I ride my car so I can receive calls on my headunit, Poweramp doesn't pop up on my phone, just on the headunit.. I found other forums discussing this issue but also no solution so far

https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-8/842981-unable-stop-music-auto-starting-when-switching-bt.html

Someone suggested to toggle below options on the phone, do you think this helps? Please check the screen shots below.

Screen 1.jpg

Screen 2.jpg

So when you say "poweramp autostarts", you didn't actually mean that the Poweramp app starts - i.e. it opens on the phone screen where it is installed. You mean that the car headunit goes into its Bluetooth audio playing mode, and it displays song info that it gets from the BT connected device - which in this case has Poweramp installed, but it could just as easily by Samsung's or any other phone-based music player.

You could turn off the settings you describe, but that would disable the A2DP stereo connection completely, so your phone would no longer be able to play any BT music via your headunit at all.

Andre

Hi Andre,

No I think there is a confusion let me try explain the details :)

I have Poweramp installed on my phone and on my headunit. I don't use Poweramp from my phone via BT on my headunit. I only use the Poweramp installed on my headunit as I have all my media already stored in my headunit, so I actually rarely use Poweramp on my phone it's just installed there if I need to listen directly on my phone (away from my headunit I mean) so I think we can take Poweramp installed on my phone completely out of the picture.

Now, when I ride my car, I activate BT on my phone only for the sake of taking my calls on the headunit, and not to stream Poweramp from my phone by BT to the headunit. Now, when I turn on my headunit, the Poweramp installed on my headunit directly opens in full screen although without playing anything, it's ready just for pressing play on whatever track it's open on.. I hope I was able to explain.

So in this case, would the above setting still help? and would it affect anything else? I could also try it once I'm back in the car again and let you know.

Edited by Miro

If you don't want to play any music via the BT connection then you could indeed disable that element of the BT connection (A2DP stereo) so it is only used as a phonecall microphone/speaker. But as this seems to be nothing to do with BT anyway - I assume your phone could even be turned off and this would still happen when you start your car - it won't make any difference. If it is your headunit that is deciding that it wants to launch its local PA app, you'll presumably need to find out why it is doing that via its Android Settings.

Andre