Jump to content

Poweramp home screen song info display


Recommended Posts

I'll like to suggest if it can be possible to customize the Poweramp home screen song info display to [Title, Artist, and Album] instead of [Title, AlbumArtist, and Album] Pics-Art-04-29-08-46-23.png 

This is my Sony Xperia music player home screen display which i feel is more cooler IMO

 Pics-Art-04-29-08-37-59.png 

Please make it happen. But if anyone have any suggestion on how I can make it happen if the feature is available, please it's highly welcomed. Thank you!

Edited by nzejoe
added Song info tag
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's an option, see Settings > Library > Lists > Album Artist Label For Tracks. It's normally off by default, but you may have turned it on at some point in the past. You can control this feature independently for when you are viewing in Album Artist mode too, see the other options in the same menu.

Andre

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

It's an option, see Settings > Library > Lists > Album Artist Label For Tracks.

Andre

Thanks Andre, it didn't work. I think what you suggested was for the library not the player ui home display because when i turned the Album Artists label for tracks on,  no difference. if you can refer back to the images I attached to the post you can see what I'm talking about. I really appreciate you reply. Thank you.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, nzejoe said:

Thanks Andre, it didn't work. I think what you suggested was for the library not the player ui home display because when i turned the Album Artists label for tracks on,  no difference. if you can refer back to the images I attached to the post you can see what I'm talking about. I really appreciate you reply. Thank you.

 

U can customize Player UI with Poweramp skins. The skin I'm using in the screenshot is called "Liv Dark Poweramp". 

IMG_20210429_155504.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, nzejoe said:

Thanks Andre, it didn't work. I think what you suggested was for the library not the player ui home display 

The Library view song lists and the Player UI use the same formatting, you can't change one without affecting the other too. What Library Category are you using, as only 'Album Artists' has any individual control, every other category is controlled by the first option I mentioned. (This assumes the tag data is correct in the files of course)

Without 'Album Artist Label For Tracks':

image.png image.png

 

Same song with 'Album Artist Label For Tracks' enabled:

image.png image.png

 

35 minutes ago, Scorpion said:

U can customize Player UI with Poweramp skins.

Skins can't change the content of the "Artist - Album" line, that info is provided verbatim by the app as one string. A skin can choose to display or hide the whole line though.

Andre

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

The Library view song lists and the Player UI use the same formatting, you can't change one without affecting the other too. What Library Category are you using, as only 'Album Artists' has any individual control, every other category is controlled by the first option I mentioned. (This assumes the tag data is correct in the files of course)

Without 'Album Artist Label For Tracks':

image.png image.png

 

Same song with 'Album Artist Label For Tracks' enabled:

image.png image.png

 

Skins can't change the content of the "Artist - Album" line, that info is provided verbatim by the app as one string. A skin can choose to display or hide the whole line though.

Andre

You still in the library view but I'm about the main player view. 

The images I attached, if you can look closely at my red highlights you can see that the Poweramp player displays Justin Bieber which is the album artist. 

But the Sony Xperia music player displays featuring artists on song which is Justin Bieber and Khalid. 

Which I prefer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nzejoe said:

You still in the library view but I'm about the main player view. 

I showed both views in my screenshots (four images in total), please look again more closely.

The Library and Player screens with the Album Artist mode turned OFF show the Track Artist "Fleetwood Mac", while the Library and Player screens with the Album Artist mode turned ON show the Album Artist tag for this compilation album, "Various Artists".

The textual detail on the Artist/Album line should always remain the same as you flip between the songs list and the player screen during playback - until you change the Settings anyway, which will then affect both views in the same way.

So if you could answer my question about what library category are you using, and perhaps also the tag data (from menu>Info/Tags) too in case there's an issue there? Does this problem affect all of your songs and albums, or only some?

Andre

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

I showed both views in my screenshots (four images in total), please look again more closely.

The Library and Player screens with the Album Artist mode turned OFF show the Track Artist "Fleetwood Mac", while the Library and Player screens with the Album Artist mode turned ON show the Album Artist tag for this compilation album, "Various Artists".

The textual detail on the Artist/Album line should always remain the same as you flip between the songs list and the player screen during playback - until you change the Settings anyway, which will then affect both views in the same way.

So if you could answer my question about what library category are you using, and perhaps also the tag data (from menu>Info/Tags) too in case there's an issue there? Does this problem affect all of your songs and albums, or only some?

Andre

Thanks Andre, it worked 😀

Pics-Art-04-29-01-09-17.png

It was from Settings>Library>List like you said earlier. 

The Album Artist Label for Album Artist Tracks was on before, I have to turn it off. 

Pics-Art-04-29-01-07-18.png

I'm really sorry for being a pain in the butt. 🙏

And I'm very much grateful for your help. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, nzejoe said:

@Scorpion Hey bro, what is the name of the skin you are using?

I really like it.

It's called "Liv Dark Poweramp Skin" it's a paid app. There's also a free version by the same dev called "Improved Poweramp v3 Skin". 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Scorpion said:

It's called "Liv Dark Poweramp Skin" it's a paid app. There's also a free version by the same dev called "Improved Poweramp v3 Skin". 👍

@Scorpion  Thanks man. I'll check it out. 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nzejoe said:

It was from Settings>Library>List like you said earlier. 

The Album Artist Label for Album Artist Tracks was on before, I have to turn it off. 

Pics-Art-04-29-01-07-18.png

 

From that screenshot, you should also turn OFF 'Album Artist Label for Tracks', as that control is used for all other categories - whereas the one you highlighted in red above is only for songs that are viewed or played via the Album Artist category. I assume must be the Category you are using?

Personally, I would suggest just turning on the middle control though, 'Album Artist Label for Albums', as that displays the Album Artist tag where it is meaningful - i.e. in the header at the top of Album lists, just beneath the Album Title. 

Glad it worked out OK once you found the controls I was describing anyway.

Andre

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

From that screenshot, you should also turn OFF 'Album Artist Label for Tracks', as that control is used for all other categories - whereas the one you highlighted in red above is only for songs that are viewed or played via the Album Artist category. I assume must be the Category you are using?

Personally, I would suggest just turning on the middle control though, 'Album Artist Label for Albums', as that displays the Album Artist tag where it is meaningful - i.e. in the header at the top of Album lists, just beneath the Album Title. 

Glad it worked out OK once you found the controls I was describing anyway.

Andre

@andrewilley  I just did as you recommended. Thanks again. 🙏

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...