Need Help!!!

Scorpion

Hi guys. I need help regarding exporting my Music library in text format. I know this isn't related to Poweramp, but is there any way I can export my complete Music library in text format. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. 

(note - I don't have a PC right now)

Just go into Poweramp's 'All Songs' list and long-press on a song title. Then tap 'All' and '+Playlist' to make a new overarching playlist that contains everything in your music library. It will be sorted in the same order as the List Options you use for the All Songs list, so I suggest perhaps using "By Path" if your content is organised that way, or maybe "By Artist". 

Then go to Playlists > (menu) > Export, and that list (alongside any others) will get saved as an .M3U8 text file. You can then open that file in any text editor app to clean it up a bit - such as discarding any lines that start with "#", or removing the initial storage path details that you may not want.

Andre

41 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Just go into Poweramp's 'All Songs' list and long-press on a song title. Then tap 'All' and '+Playlist' to make a new overarching playlist that contains everything in your music library. It will be sorted in the same order as the List Options you use for the All Songs list, so I suggest perhaps using "By Path" if your content is organised that way, or maybe "By Artist". 

Then go to Playlists > (menu) > Export, and that list (alongside any others) will get saved as an .M3U8 text file. You can then open that file in any text editor app to clean it up a bit - such as discarding any lines that start with "#", or removing the initial storage path details that you may not want.

Andre

Hey.. Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this method, but the name that are shown in the m3u8 is based on mp3 file name rather than "artist-title" or "title-artist".

15 minutes ago, flyingdutchman said:

@Scorpion so what exactly are you looking for, your initial post is not clear

I want to export my complete Music library in text format but I tried exporting my whole library as a m3u8 playlist, but after looking at text editor the name that are shown in the m3u8 are based on mp3 files names (for ex - "08-Starboy-the-Weeknd). Basically I want to export my Music library in "Title-Artist" format (for ex - "Starboy - The Weeknd". 

That's not really an export then, more of a music catalogue creator I guess. Not something you can do from Poweramp anyway.

Some tag editors (computer based) can export CSV-format lists based on embedded tag contents, which sounds more like what you want. Tagscanner can create lists for Excel, HTML, etc for example.

Andre

9 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

That's not really an export then, more of a music catalogue creator I guess. Not something you can do from Poweramp anyway.

Some tag editors (computer based) can export CSV-format lists based on embedded tag contents, which sounds more like what you want. Tagscanner can create lists for Excel, HTML, etc for example.

Andre

Sorry for my mistake. Any android app that can do that? 

@Scorpion

It produces a comma delimited file . Below an example is what it produces at the moment

track,artist,album,duration,rating,times played,year,path
Hey Ho,Hinder,All American Nightmare,213943,0,0,2010,1600-3612/Music/music/[2010] All American Nightmare/Hey Ho
Horsell Common And The Heat Ra,Jeff Wayne,Jeff Wayne's War of the World,695615,0,1,2009,1600-3612/Music/music/Horsell Common And The Heat Ra
Good Life,Hinder,All American Nightmare,215615,0,0,2010,1600-3612/Music/music/[2010] All American Nightmare/Good Life
The Life,Hinder,All American Nightmare,217208,0,0,2010,1600-3612/Music/music/[2010] All American Nightmare/The Life
Tonight We Have The Stars,Bryan Adams,11 Deluxe Edition,246475,0,0,2008,1600-3612/Music/music/Tonight We Have The Stars
Tonight We Have The Stars,Bryan Adams,11 Deluxe Edition,246475,0,0,2008,1600-3612/Music/music/Tonight We Have The Stars
Under Water Painter,Moulettes,Preternatural,202240,0,0,2016,1600-3612/Music/music/Under Water Painter
Red Tail Lights,Hinder,All American Nightmare,228441,0,0,2010,1600-3612/Music/music/[2010] All American Nightmare/Red Tail Lights